Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

UPDATE..on my huge plume os smoke

Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM
1st Gear
Default UPDATE..on my huge plume os smoke

After the episode described in a the previous thread,

Car blew up today at an intersection. Instead of white smoke, Full black came out looking like someone dropped a bomb.

Car siezed and basically shut down.

New car? New Engine? Thank god its a lease and under warranty.....

Old 09-17-2007, 12:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: UPDATE..on my huge plume os smoke

ouch. sorry to hear man. please let us know what caused this once you find out. im sure a bunch of us would like to know. dont press for a new engine... go for more. NEW CAR! esp if its fairly new.

sorry to hear again

Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: MBtoA3

ouch. sorry to hear man. please let us know what caused this once you find out. im sure a bunch of us would like to know. dont press for a new engine... go for more. NEW CAR! esp if its fairly new.

sorry to hear again
thanks for the support.

I am pushing for the new car, I dont want a new engine. Back story that this was a demo at 10k i leased, was Mrs. Pfaffs (audi dealers wife) car when i got the deal on the lease. I was honestly going to buy this car out at the end of my term, but obviously no chance now.

Not likeley, but has anyone else had an issue as big as this with a lease?

Old 09-17-2007, 02:25 PM
2nd Gear

A word of advice: Do not tell the dealer about the oil issue! If they know that you overfilled the oil, they have grounds to void your warranty. Just play dumb and act like you don't know what happened. If there is still any oil left in your car, you should probably drain it down to the normal level before they check it out.

I think what probably happened is you ruptured a seal. You mentioned in your original post that you were getting a plume of bluish smoke when you revved it to 5500, well oil pressure increases with RPM. It sounds like you may have blown the head gasket.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BAMF

A word of advice: Do not tell the dealer about the oil issue! If they know that you overfilled the oil, they have grounds to void your warranty. Just play dumb and act like you don't know what happened. If there is still any oil left in your car, you should probably drain it down to the normal level before they check it out.

I think what probably happened is you ruptured a seal. You mentioned in your original post that you were getting a plume of bluish smoke when you revved it to 5500, well oil pressure increases with RPM. It sounds like you may have blown the head gasket.
thast what im thinking..but get this!

Just talked to the service tech and hes looking at my car. His original diagnosis before hooking up the Tool was that because it was low on gas...(perhaps 20km left in the tank) is that my engine was burning because it wasnt gettin any gas.....Can this guy be serious????

Old 09-17-2007, 02:41 PM

that's a big dumb answer ( low on gas blew the engine up ) the guy dosnt know what hes talking about

Old 09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

that's a big dumb answer ( low on gas blew the engine up ) the guy dosnt know what hes talking about
tell me about it...and hes an AUDI certified technician...Thats the type of answer I would expect from a KIA tech guy...

Old 09-17-2007, 02:48 PM

its called bullsh1t baffles brains if the guy has one lol and what a show up for him since hes a tech how embarrassing that must be

Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:39 PM
L7
1st Gear

Ryandlor;
I truly feel sorry for your misfortune and my condolences go out to your girl.
Was your low gas warning on?
LOL - I guess I was extremely lucky two weeks ago - getting out of one of the parking lots in Richmond. My trip computer was telling me I only had 20 miles of fuel left before being empty. Luckily my buddy and I were able to figure our way out to a gas station after the Henrico County police had diverted us all over west Richmond.
Actually thinking about it now and doing the math - I was pretty lucky. If I had gone down to 12.5 miles of fuel remaining then I would have gone up in a cloud of smoke. Please keep us in the loop with regards to the postmortem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATE..on my huge plume os smoke