Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).

Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 AM
1st Gear
Default For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).

I went to the dealership past tues. for 25K service and
the service guy told me that I will need(required) to get this updates done.
So, I requested detailed documentation (link below).
Unless I am wrong.. I think they reset my chip, b/c after I picked up my car,my ride felt different.

this is effective for next 15 month.
I am all fine with this.. but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

RVU (required vehicle update) doc

Old 03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).

Is this considered the I5 reflash?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).

I actually just got back from the dealer for getting a bulb fixed and an oil change and they informed me of the software update. I don't think think its the reflash but the service executive did ask if i had any tuning chips in the car because they would probably be erased in the process.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

ut oh... this is not going to be good for people with chips..

Old 03-07-2008, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

my shop gives free giac reflashes when this stuff happens, just pay the labor. $50

Not too bad

Old 03-07-2008, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

is this something that will happen EVERY time I go to the dealer? Or just once? I ask because I am about to chip my car. If it's just going to happen one time, then I am going to take my car in for an oil change, and THEN chip my car. If it is going to happen everytime, I am not going to chip my car.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

I don't think this happens every time.
But whenever this happens,I think they post either TSB (Tech. Service Bulletins) or Recall.
However, I was not able find TSB I posted initially from the pagein below link.
(if anyone else know a better link from AUDI.. plz let us kno)

Audi TSB and Audi Recalls

I don't think we have control overthis kinda stuff.
It is totally up to AUDI guys.

poor us.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
2nd Gear

One more reason to buy a flash loader

Old 03-07-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: GoSkins

is this something that will happen EVERY time I go to the dealer? Or just once? I ask because I am about to chip my car. If it's just going to happen one time, then I am going to take my car in for an oil change, and THEN chip my car. If it is going to happen everytime, I am not going to chip my car.
It appears that this specific update is only for A3 up to '07. Which makes sense because I just got my 5k service done yesterday and the service mgr didn't mention anything about the ECM. So you shouldn't need this specific update.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

If all you 08er's check out the document out its only for the 05-07 A3's (oh and A4's) They already fixed the problems in your ECU now they have to update all of us older versions. I do know that there is a key error that is starting to show up were you can use your keyless entry one moment and the you next you can. I just got that info from my dealership when I scheduled my 15K service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).