Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

USA A3 November sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Default USA A3 November sales

Audi USA released their November sales results

I find it curious that the A3 is contributing to the increase # of Audi's versus 2005 yet fall sales of A3's have dragged, compared to 2005. One would expect Audi to try to increase production to meet demand. I saw similar problems with VW four-door GTI's at local dealers.....you drop by a dealer, and usually they only got a few initially of 2007's , now they are hard to get.

Oh probably this is related to the vicious winter weather.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: USA A3 November sales

That would be a good question. But I think they still want the sales of the A4 to be the number one. But more A3's would make since considering they are just great.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:31 PM

Audi doesn't actually want to sell a lot of the A3's. There isn't any margin in that car. They want you to come in and buy an A4 or higher, where there is a decent profit. They see the A3 as a way to increase sales some and compete with other companies, but mostly as an "entry level" car so they can train us to come back and buy bigger and better. I personally like the A3 a lot better than the A4, but the S6 I saw on the show room this week was SWEEEEET! I just don't have the $73k to spend getting my next speeding ticket.

Cheers!

Old 12-03-2006, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

I'm not sure I agree that Audi doesn't actually want to sell A3's, I do agree that it is an experiment (of sorts) to get first time buyers in and try to get them to become repeat buyers. Mercedes tried this with the (little coupe), but only the c230 (~$30K) survived. Also, I test drove the VW GTI and the A3 I ended up buying is worth every penny of the extra cost (~$15K more for the A3 3.2 DSG vs. the 2.0 GTI).

Old 12-05-2006, 02:34 AM
1st Gear

Another rumor (ref motor authority)

Porsche to buy Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley?

Porsche has moved to become the largest shareholder of the German giant Volkswagen group, and is now tipped to be attempting to spin-off the Audi brand from the consortium so that the sports carmaker may acquire the luxury brand’s shares by itself. Porsche is understandably being very tight-lipped about the issue, but many analysts have acknowledged the potential that could be gained from such a reorganization.

If the merger occurred, Porsche together with Audi would be able to sell more than a million cars annually, with a higher yield than either Mercedes or BMW. This would leave Volkswagen Group consisting only of VW, Skoda and Seat, which would still maintain an annual output of four million cars but with much lower margins. It would also enable Audi to make the final push to unseat BMW and Mercedes as the premier German carmaker, reports the Handelsblatt newspaper.

The proposal of a restructure is not as far-fetched as it seems. The first steps towards the move have already occurred, with VW Group’s new head, Martin Winterkorn, planning to create a separate group for its premium brands Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini and Bugatti, similar in style to Ford’s Premium Auto Group. VW, Skoda and Seat will remain as its mass market division. Furthermore, Porsche is expected to request a capital increase at the next general meeting in preparation of the possible Audi spin-off.

From another web site

'How weird it will be to have the 911 and R8 under the same roof. And what will Lambo do if there is in fact another Bugatti? And what on earth will they base the next A3 on? The Cayman?"

Old 12-05-2006, 11:33 PM
2nd Gear

You come shop down here in miami for a car at the Collection you'll have Lambo's, Bugatti's, Porche's, Maserati, Ferrari, Lotus,
Audi, etc all under one big rooof, not to brag but this dealership is absolutely the best and biggest and nicest i've ever bought from,
oh and the honeys that work there are off the chain.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

Yes, before I bought, I must admit I was not aware of the Audi - Porsche connection. (but i secretly like it!)