Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Warning Light | Light Out | 2007 A3

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Warning Light | Light Out | 2007 A3

While I was driving the other day a warning light came on. It said what and where, but i was driving through the blizzard that slammed the entire northeast US seacoast this past weekend, and couldn't really take the time to see what it said. after i got a chance to look, i saw the attached picture.

After some research, i found out that it might have something to do with a light being out. i looked around, and didn't see any out. so i called to my local audi service center, and was informed that it was indeed a light, and that i should check my license plate lights, i checked, and one of the two, was out. i tried to replace it, has some difficulty, but in the process, i bumped something just right, and it came back on. BUT, the warning light is still lit up on that dash. this is getting very annoying, as i can not view the things that are normally displayed here, as well as the beep when i start the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
_erik

Attached Thumbnails Warning Light | Light Out | 2007 A3-photo-8-.jpg  
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 PM
1st Gear

There are two stalks that come out from the dash around the speedo. One resets the trip odometer and is on the right side of the speedo. The other (to the left), when pushed in, will tell you which light is burned out. I would suggest it's probably a brake light as that's what I've been replacing on my '07. Once you replace the correct bulb, the light goes out. BTW, there are brake lights in the hatch as well as the fenders.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Rowdy, I found which one was out then got the manual out. They recommed taking to dealer for replacement :-(