Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

what to do

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:50 PM
1st Gear
Default what to do

Well I got permission from the financial advisor (wife) to spen 3k. So my question is should it berims and tires, coil overs, exhaust, brake upgrade, anything else I am forgetting. Let me know what you all think. I am going to noodle this for about a week.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: what to do

I see you've got the GIAC tune. Do you already have an intake and upgraded DV? If not, that should give you some good gains with the chip, plus the DV is essential. You could do a nice intake, DV, and exhaust for under $3k. What about a front mount intercooler? I've been patiently waiting to hear some feedback on the Forge FMIC.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the input BAMF,,, I do already have the neuspeed CAI and a forge DV. So that part of the hill has already been tackled. If I do exhaust i was thinking Milltek so that knocks out about 700. If I do coilover on top of that I am looking at another 1500. I guess I drop the rest on a few 55 gal drums of VP 100 octane.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:44 AM
1st Gear

Well you have the extra power so better braking and suspension will make a great difference. The weakest part of the A3 is the braking IMHO. Of course, wheels and tires are always a great choice depending on what wheels and tires you have now.

A DP with high flow cat will make another bunch of horsies. So many choices so little time (and bucks)! [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 09-10-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

Milltek's are a 3" exhaust, and will hose your low-end torque. You are way better off to replace the downpipe and leave the stock exhaust in place, or if you want better sounds, go with an AWE. http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/info...cfm?content=41. They can prove what they claim.

If you want rims & tiresfor go,try OZ Ultraleggeras and a set of Bridgestone RE-01Rs. At 18 pounds, the OZs are about 10lbs per rim lighter than the stock ones (even if you go with 18s) and they're like going from snowshoes to running shoes. Polar moment of intertia, unpsprung mass and all thosemath & physics reasons. The RE-01Rs are one of the hottest SCCA Street Touring Solo2 tires out there, and are pretty good in the wet also. Do not try to get thru even a mild winter with them though. They mean it when thay say summer tire. At about 40 degrees, they go hard and decidedly non-sticky.

For coilovers KW Var 3s are superb, but will blow your budget at almost 2K for parts. If you shop around, you can find Koni Coilovers for around $900. That's a screaming deal for top drawer parts.

Do the poly rear swaybar bushing trick, and an ECS/Neuspeed dogbone and you're home.