Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

What is a reasonable discount from MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Default What is a reasonable discount from MSRP?

My wife and I are looking at purchasing a fully loaded A3 turbo (premium, nav, bluetooth, etc). MSRP is around $33,000 What have people been getting for discounts off of msrp?

Thanks!

Old 07-04-2006, 02:14 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What is a reasonable discount from MSRP?

Lots of audi dealers seem to be giving just over invoice right now... I think they are trying to blow through the rest of their '06 stock. A dealer even told me (after telling him another dealer was going to give me close to invoice) "yeah, we are all doing that right now". Who knows if it is true.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:36 AM

The above statements are most likely true. I paid nearly $2k below invoice but I had dealer kickbacks driving my deal at the end of the month. I wouldn't offer too much over invoice and hold-out for them to agree. You should do well. There just isn't that many A3's left in stock so your choices may be limited.

Good luck, and these cars are awesome.

Cheers!

Chef

Old 07-04-2006, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

Yup...just picked mine up for $100 below invoice...new to the forums and will post pics etc shortly (moro blue 3.2 nav/bluetooth/opensky/18's)

Old 07-04-2006, 04:10 PM
1st Gear

How do you know if the invoice they show you is legit? Just a question.. I figure they wouldn't gain much by showing bologne, since you can get real information from anyone... but I have always been curious about this.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:55 PM
1st Gear

almost any auto search engine will give you accurate invoice pricing on the base and options (go and compare yahoo autos to cars.com or something). The numbers I ended up with were 100% accurate.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:25 PM
1st Gear

I've got my A3 in march this year and i think it was a good deal. A3 2.0 Ocean Blue, DSG, Sport pack, cold weather pack, sound pack for 27K . On Audiusa.com the price was about 31k for the same config + delivery fees and dealer adds. And i got something even better : 10 years waranty or 100.000 on the engine . A company owned the car for 3 months and they traded back in at the same dealer for an A6.They put only 2000 miles on the car and then i've got it. So far i'm happy with my purchase

Old 07-16-2006, 11:35 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Edmunds.com shows invoice prices. Keep in mind, though, that the invoice is what the dealer pays Audi only if it sells that single vehicle in the whole year. Dealers get volume discounts, incentives, assistance programs, flooring credit, etc., usually based on sales volume. As long as you beat what Edmunds show to be what the "average" price paid, you know that at least you did not get ripped off. But as Chef says, there are slim pickings at the moment. I bought my A3 6 weeks ago, and cannot find a DSG model with just the Sport Package and the Bi-Xenons, so I had to forgo the latter.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:51 PM
1st Gear

I just came back from my audi dealer and he offered me the one I wanted (an 06) for $700 below invoice.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:33 PM

I just bought mine last week, sticker was 31215 i got it out the door for 28527. I think I did ok for my first ever audi purchase.

I got the lava grey, dsg, premium, cold, and open sky. We orginally wanted a moro blue, but there werent any in the midwest for our dealer to swap with besides one that was completely loaded with every option.

Dont forget you can get your dealer to do a dealer swap.

Quick Reply: What is a reasonable discount from MSRP?