Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

What are your LIKES re: the A3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:57 PM
1st Gear
Default What are your LIKES re: the A3?

'06 or> what is it that you like about your A3?

Old 12-27-2006, 12:24 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: What are your LIKES re: the A3?

Looks, they way it handles, turbo, gas consumption when i drive slow, wich is never.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

Acceleration, handling, ride, fit and finish that shows no hints of squeaks and rattles, DSG, looks, versatility and the fact that I don't see 300 of them on the road everyday.

They also make BMW and Lexus test drives seem ho-hum.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

The 5-door hatch is such a cool, useful, and sporty design. The German engineering is impressive with quality and innovation.

The way the doors shut.
The paint finish.
The Nav display screen.
The way the buttons feel.
All the logic/technology designed to keep your eyes on the road. Auto headlights, auto wipers, voice commands, multiple trip computers, with display right in the dash by speedometer, rear wiper comes on automatically if its' raining and you are backing up, Nav screen goes black at night, white in day. Auto temperature control is right on. Volume/Radio controls at thumbtips. auto-dimming mirror. (There is more, I just can't remember right now.)
SD card slots are cool. Good to have MP3 integration.
Roof rails are the sleekest roof rack system anywhere. No drag to take away gas mileage. Nice permanent solution.
Sound system is awesome. The automatic sound adjustment as your speed changes seems to work well.
Dual Sunroofs. (and those cool roll back sunshades.)
The middle slot in backseat for skis/boards from trunk w/first aid kit inside.
The button in the backseat for passengers to lock all doors.
Gas Mileage on long road trips.
Transmission is seamless.
Power when you need it.

Okay,I better stop, but I agree with the guy above who says there are not a lot of these on the road. Nice to have a unique car.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:33 AM

I cannot add to what the others have mentioned above, which I totally agree, except to say, once you drive a VAG product, driving anything else just seems ordinary and muldane.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

x2 [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 12-31-2006, 02:37 AM
1st Gear

Initial observations
Very cool looking car, gets lots of looks from other drivers.
Both me and the Audi salesman was surprised how much higher the ceiling seemed in the rear seats without open sky.
Very solid feel when closing doors. No rattles at all when driving.
Surprised how stiff the suspension is on the 2007 premium, no body lean felt in turns. (no high speed driving yet)
DSG is very smooth in upshifts and downshifts, spoils you rotten!
All the neat technology features, its going to take me a little time to know this car.
Adaptive xeon lights are sweet, boy are they brighter then my halogens on previous old Audi.
Sat Radio sounds awesome, great bass! I like the fact that SIRUS radios go into a DEMO mode when initially powered with 25 stations that you could listen to for first 90 days. TIP if you call Sirus before the 90 days are up and say you would like to try the unlimited demo of all channels, they will allow you to do that for 90 days Free.
For a turbo amazing quiet, yet plenty of power ready when you need it.
I like the light but precise steering!

Old 12-31-2006, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Okay,I better stop, but I agree with the guy above who says there are not a lot of these on the road. Nice to have a unique car.
I think I'm the only one in town of a 200,000 people. Granted I haven't come across all examples of the cars people drive here. Nonetheless, the A3 in America has been out since late '05, and apart from mine, I've just not seen any. Unlike my BMW E46 which are everywhere.

Now if you want to talk Ford and Dodge Diesel pickemups, god, those everywhere here.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:25 PM
1st Gear

my a3 compared to my lincoln aviator..wow the build is 4000 times better with how solidly the interior ans exterior are built.nothings squeaks,moves or does anything other than look dead sexy. the amount of time spent in the design stage. nothing in the car has made me go, "wtf why'd they do that??"like i say in my lincoln too often...

bottom line

audi a3=sex
everything else=not so much
lincoln aviator=too much money don't buy it

Old 01-03-2007, 07:53 PM

small car but if you like that then its great shopping trolley no trunk space

Quick Reply: What are your LIKES re: the A3?