Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

What's the best lowering springs for S-line set up??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:31 AM
1st Gear
Default What's the best lowering springs for S-line set up??

It seems that the most reliable springs are the Euro s-line springs... but some ppl say that it's a waste of money since they only lower the front for .5 inch and same height for the rear. I don't really want my car to be scratching-bump low, but i really dislike the front wheels having such large gaps with the s-line setup and titanium pkg.[:@] So what do you guys think is the best springs for lowering a s-line??

Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What's the best lowering springs for S-line set up??

Steven....

You know my love for the KW Variant 3s. (If you don't, check my profile and my posts on KWs.) Absolutely thrilled with them.

Lowered my car a fair but, but nothing crazy, no scraping..and the ride is as smooth as stock s-line and WAY better performance when you want it.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

oh! my bad. i thought they were coilovers which i probably dunt have the budget for. okay! KW Variant 3s it is

Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

wait... they are coilovers aren't they...

Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

Yeah...they are coilovers...not cheap ones either. I'm just playing. But from what I can tell, if you want to lower the car, the Euro-spec springs won't help that much. I had Euro line springs on my 2.0TDI, and it still looked like a Q7!

I would suggest saving the money on the springs...you car already rocks...and in the future consider coilovers to lower your car. Just my 2 cents!

Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

I"ve been thinking about those coilovers for a while. How much are those KW Variant 3's? Hopefully they're as bad as Tein's....

ahh..so much to be done, but so little money. APR -> tint -> coilovers ----> maybe then I'll install a audi RNS-E nav myself.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

Omnimofo, I got my installed, corner weighted, aligned (2 weeks after install) and camber checked...all for $65000NT, just over $2000US. I've seen the KW V3s online listed for about the same price without the install etc.

Stasis are cheaper,and people love them too. Actually, come to think of it, I haven't really heard of anyone complaining about coilovers! They really do rock out the performance and looks of your car. I personally tried two Golf GTIs...with with H&Rs and the others with the KWs. For me, there really wasn't a question. The KW V3s gave better cornering performance AND a softer ride. The H&Rs could really 'clunk' over some bumps that the KWs can handle. The V3s let you adjust dampen, height, and compression. The V1s and V2s have similar performance, but not as much adjustability. The V1s are priced similar to Konis.

Sounds like you have a good order of the mods you want to do though! The chip is CRITICAL, just watch your warranty with it.