Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

WTF? Pebble roads suck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 05:25 AM
1st Gear
Default WTF? Pebble roads suck!

Hopefully these images will show...

We were driving along a gravel road this weekend on the way to a swimming lake, and clatter rrrratttle clatter [not the sound of something good] around the front left tire. My buddy got out and started walking with the car as I rolled forward. It sounded wrong... like metal being plucked, ping ping ping.

We got out of the car and pulled over, and started tapping at the wheel, wheel well, and behind around the axle and rotor to try and find the source of the wierd sound. It couldn't be gravel... . Oh, look at that! a rattle in the rotor shield cover. What the hell is it? Let's take off the tire!

We start digging and notice that a little tiny stone somehow jumped up and fell in the "hole" that sits right next to the axle.

It dropped down into the space between the shield and the rotor. Stuck... with no way out except the little holes it came in on. (Yeah, you think it will just slip out of that little groove... we thought that too, for about 30 minutes while we turned it every way known to man.) We were tool'less in the woods so we found some sticks and he started pokin at it from underneath while I looked from above and tried to grab the lil bugger when it popped up. We lost it a bunch of times, and since I didn't want to drive with it scraping the hell out of things I was worried we would need some help.

After about two hours the little bastard plopped out. Then it ran down the hill, laughing at us, and flipping us the bird. bastard stone.

Anyway, this is my contribution to the forum... hope you all had a little chuckle.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Default RE: WTF? Pebble roads suck!

LOL!!!! thats crazy. cool pics. Bet you were happy as f*ck when you had that mother f*cker in your hand.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:09 AM
2nd Gear

haha, good story, prolly a one and a million chance

Old 07-26-2006, 02:08 PM
2nd Gear

[sm=happybounce.gif] the pics made this thread priceless. Good post!

Old 07-26-2006, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, what is the chance you could throw a pebble in a coke can at 25 mph? son of a -----. And yes, I was happy as $%& when it was out. Makes me sick just thinking of it.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:08 AM

yea great pics lol , priceless

Old 07-30-2006, 04:17 AM
1st Gear

Dude yer icon is priceless LOL