Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Sentra V spec Vs 98 A4 1.8t AWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Default RE: 05 Sentra V spec Vs 98 A4 1.8t AWD

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

^^^ I like your sig, even though I have Altezza Tail Lights and they look SWEET on my car!!!

Josh
that's a matter of opinion buddy.

I happen to think my stock 99.5 taillights are the best looking tails that ever came on an B5. I'm pretty sure most people here agree. again, it's a matter of opinion, but I think the majority of people here aren't fans of altezzas.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:11 AM
3rd Gear

this thread is kind of a joke.

but to answer your question andnot just bash on the n00b, an audi definately has a better base to be tuned than a sentra spec v. The cost to make the audi fast is cheaper than the cost to make the sentra fast. Turbo cars respond to mods about 5x better than naturally aspirated motors. You would spend thousands to put all the bolt ons a sentra and only gain very minimal horsepower, 50 MAX and that might be stretching it a bit. All you need to do for 50hp on an audi is chip it for 500 bucks, exhaust mods respond way better, blah blah i could go forever..

audi dominates the sentra in every category possible...

Old 03-12-2007, 07:34 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Belligerenceā„¢

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

^^^ I like your sig, even though I have Altezza Tail Lights and they look SWEET on my car!!!

Josh
that's a matter of opinion buddy.

I happen to think my stock 99.5 taillights are the best looking tails that ever came on an B5. I'm pretty sure most people here agree. again, it's a matter of opinion, but I think the majority of people here aren't fans of altezzas.
Yup, i know. LOL

Josh

But I saw a tanish color A4 with the same tail lights that my car had and it looked like CRAP!!!! It was terrable. My car is the midnight blue color and with chrome tail lights I think it looks really good! But like you said, it's my opinion.

Oh and I would take an Audi over a Sentra ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

i usto have a spec v and yes it was "fast" but i got rear ended and it got totaled.....and now i have the quattro....but my all means get the audi much better deal...the quattro is by far the best thing i have ever driven

Old 03-12-2007, 11:53 AM

haha... you guys are bastards... have u seen at what time i post that thread? i was half a sleep...

What i ment to say was like how much horsepower could i get out of both engines when the engines were tuned to its full capacity...
none of that jet engine crap and formula one crap....

And yes i am a newbie... but i aint stupid

Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: fumoazul99
well thats a matter of opinion j/k

take a 98 a4 - maybe $5k if you find a good one
now take a Spec V - $20k with options
take the $15k extra that the spec V would be and go BT, FMIC, stage III clutch and all supporting mods - then take the $$ you have left over and take a trip down to mexico for spring break.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

it all comes back to what is "tuned to the maximum"....but i agree with qUaTtRoA4.....i would never give up my quattro for anything.....it also is a great car to take out to the local hot spot "cruze spot" and when them ricers try to funk with you just laugh and slowly take off when the light turns green..and remember you have a GERMAN built car

Old 03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

i love how posts like this get more hits and posts than serious questions........honestly......

Old 03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
3rd Gear

Well, honestly this is a "opinion"question so everyone can throw their $.02 in the hat. Most members are not knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot problems so they choose not to make stupid comments and get flamed for it later. I would rather have one honest, correct response then a 20 responses guessing that it might be my blinker fluid.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: fumoazul99

haha... you guys are bastards... have u seen at what time i post that thread? i was half a sleep...

What i ment to say was like how much horsepower could i get out of both engines when the engines were tuned to its full capacity...
none of that jet engine crap and formula one crap....

I don't know about that - your question is still ridiculous. It depends on how much money you have to throw at the car. Tuned to maximum can be as moderate as a simple turbo upgrade with supporting mods, or as extreme as a huge standalone turbo application with upgraded internals, bored/stroked, better crank, tranny, clutch, maybe even twin turbo (who says it is't possible?). You can probably throw $20G at an engine, and still have some stuff that could be modified further.

Do you have unlimited money? Is that why you're asking? If so, then the one with the higher displacement would in the end be putting out higher horsepower.

Quick Reply: 05 Sentra V spec Vs 98 A4 1.8t AWD