Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Warning Light A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Brake Warning Light A4

Hi Guys

I know this has been posted a few times so apologies . I am looking for some advice.
The brake warning light (0) appears intermitantly whenever I am starting the car up , usually from cold .
It beeps 3 times , and then dissapears . It might not happen again for a day or two .

I had a quick look at the brakes and they seem to have a lot of pad left , the fluid is also good .

I seen somewhere that one solution was that when the pads where replaced last , that they may have been replaced with non sensor pads , but would this not mean that the warning light would occur constantly or at least everytime you start the car ?

Should I drop it into the nearest Audi dealer and get them to check it ?

thanks and regards
Martin

Old 10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Brake Warning Light A4

that light comes on when the sensor (a tiny wire) in the pad is broken. This breaks the circuit and sets off the light. Since you have plenty of pad left and if comes in intermittenly, there seems to be a bad connection somewhere. Check your pads to see if they are using a pad with sensors and if the connection is good. If not, same thing, they just wires that have been looped together and see if the connection is good.