Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 a4 rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:09 PM
1st Gear
Default 2006 a4 rear spoiler

Looking for any suggestions ...

I want to put a rear deck spoiler on my new A4. I want to save as much money as possible, but I want a solid, well-built, good-looking spoiler too.

My first inclination is to get a spoiler that stands up off the trunk lid ... not one that's mounted flush on the lid.

Just wondered what spoilers you guys have installed and had good luck with?

Old 07-05-2006, 03:40 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2006 a4 rear spoiler

Try Spoilerdepot.com - but I'll be the first to say it - you just opened up a can of worms - be prepared for an onslaught of anti-spoiler flaming. I'd say that sticking to one of the subtle lip spoliers probably looks bets. If you're going for a more aggressive look consider S4 door blades or (if you have $$ to burn) a body kit.

IMO - subtle spoiler and blades + wheels + lower car = nice look.

Then you can spend your money making it go fater...

Old 07-05-2006, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

I was considering all of the things you listed. Just trying to figure out how to get the most bang for my buck in the shortest amount of time. That's why I thought I could go with a spoiler first ... before laying out more $$$ for a body kit or door blades. I'm not set on what kind of spoiler ... that was just my first thought. I'll check out Spoilerdepot.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

Well - depending on what you have to spend -- wheels/ tires and lowering will make the most noticable difference in the appearance of the car - as well as having some noticable performance advantages. If you lower get the springs and shocks done together (unless you have stock sport springs).

Don't skimp on aftermarket blades - get the OEM (ECS tuning has them), but they're expensive.
I don't know much about the spoilers (I have an avant...)

But, 600$ will get you a chip and new DV and you'll notice a HUGH improvement in performance....! (Although the car will look the same it will appear better looking cause speed will cause it to blur when you fly by people)

Old 07-05-2006, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

I've already got wheels ordered ... should be here any day. 19x8.5 Arelli Mezlan blacks. Gonna put on a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE960s ... 235/35ZR19. I am concerned about tire rub after I put these wheels and tires on, though. Any thoughts on tire rub with that size tire/wheel?

What kind of $$$ are you talking aout with OEM blades? I've only seen a few pics of those, so I'm not sure whether I'd rather go with blades or a body kit.

I am planning on going with a chip for sure.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

Ah - just saw the wheels you're getting in the other post - nice - look similar to mine - I think the black with the deep lip is a nice look. I have 19 x 8.5 with NO rubbing issues (w/ lowering). You should have no problems...

Have to put some more pics up after the install.

The OEM blades are S4 door blades that fit on your A4 - sharp look, about 350$. Much cheaper than a body kit (install yourself).

Old 07-05-2006, 05:11 PM
1st Gear

Thanks about the wheels ... you're right ... they do look similar to yours ... and I'm glad to hear that rubbing won't be an issue ... how much did you lower yours?

I will definitely post some pics when I get them on.

One thing that I really wanted to change was the look of the lower front bumper area ... it's just not "sporty" looking enough for me. That was my main reason for wanting a body kit. I'm not sure how a body kit would look with door blades instead of the side skirts that matched the front and rear body kit.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 PM
1st Gear

Yea - the front is tough - I'm gonna clear the corners and I have a euro-plate on the way. Other than a new lower valence or full front end there not much you can do (as far as I now).

I've seen pics posted with blades and side skirts... its a judgement call. I think once you do the wheels and lower it (and maybe the blades) it will def. look more aggressive and you may not need to go futher.

Lowering = Eiback pro-kit (I was an idiot and didn't do the shocks at the same time - learn from my mistake!) Probably do shocks early next year as the OEM's will last for little while. Search for lowering on the forum and you'll probably find lotsa info.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:55 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Check this one..got it from Ebay

Old 07-05-2006, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

I like that ... really looks good ... nice car, too.

Did it come painted to match already, or did you have to have it painted?

Quick Reply: 2006 a4 rear spoiler