Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 A4 MMI Navigation (without entered destination)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:26 PM
1st Gear
Default 2012 A4 MMI Navigation (without entered destination)

Hey all... Is there any way to set up the navigation so that you can just follow your car on the map in case you want to use it to navigate various streets in the middle of the city instead of just entering a "destination"? Without a destination my map doesnt just follow my car along the roads/highways it just sits at your previous destination or the one you have entered without "starting route guidance". I know with the majority of navigation systems including the BMW 5 and 7 series and even some cheap tom-tom they allow you to do such a thing.. Surely, for the price it cost to upgrade to a the premium plus with nav audi has a such a feature? I have tried messing with the settings quite a bit but havent had any luck. Without entering a destination on mine the map does not move along with your car. Hope that I have explained it well enough for some help. I'm hoping I am just being dumb and havent figured it out, not that there isnt such a feature in Audi's nav... Anyways, any insite would be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

You should be able to just select "Map" on the lower right corner. That should show you the map and will follow your current location and be exactly what you are looking for.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Navigation Problems

i know this is a older post but i'm having the same issue and having no luck finding any info online regarding how to get the navigation to follow when a destination is not set.. and It won't follow me when a destination is set just shows me when and where to turn on the dash between the speedo and rpm.
any help would be appreciated