Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 m Protective Film

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
1st Gear
Default 3 m Protective Film

Hi
Has anybody put this on the front of your A4 and is it worth while and approx how much does it run.

Thanks

Alan

Old 12-23-2007, 04:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 3 m Protective Film

Your talking about protective film for the hood?

Old 12-23-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

Well I am assuming that you are talking about the protective film for the front and the hood! I have it done to the hood a bit above the front lightsand onto themand the side view mirrors! I have also put on rickashade stuff onto my fog lights, it tends to turn yellow on the fogs because of the high heat temp, but I also live where there is a lot of gravel and salt spread onto the roads, so I find it really really useful! I have not had to replace any of the fog lights due to rock chips etc flying into them!!! As I live in an expensive city as everyone mentioned on here things tend to run twice as much!!!! So my 3M stuff ran me about $850 and it is well worth it! Considering an oil change here is $180 and window tinting is $450!! just to give you some ideas of prices here!

Old 12-23-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

That's nuts and with the US $ and Canadian $ about the same!

Anyway yes l'm talking about the 3M protective film. If l wind up with a blk car l will be forced to do it but here it probably costs no more then $550 for everything.

Alan

Old 12-24-2007, 01:24 AM
1st Gear

The guy I bought my car off of had this done. Its a full clear bra covering the bumper, 1/4 of the hood, a little of the fenders, and the mirrors. You really don't notice it unless you are close, so I really like it. Sorry I can't help on you the cost though.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:09 AM
1st Gear

Just had a quote done last week. after my car gets, new front bumper, cfhood, and cftrunk, im getting charged $900 with the life time warrenty. im getting the headlights, whole hood, front bumper, top of the roof before the sun roof, both mirrors, and 6" after each wheel well covered. My buddies a4 has had it on for 5years now, it has not peeled or faded and you can wash and wax your car as normal. if at anytime the film tears or starts to peel, theres a lifetime warrenty and they well replace the section thats damaged. well worth it.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
1st Gear

I looked at that option to get the whole bumper and all of that done but I didnt want to they quoted me close to 2g's and im like I can just buy a freakin' new bumper if it gets really bad!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

Hi

The price that you were quoted was wel over the top. Check out the 3M site and they will list several company's in your area that will handle their products. Call them and get the quotes.

Alan

Old 12-24-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys check this Ebay Auction out. I'm gonna go with these guys and do it myself. I ordered a sample of the material and it is just like the 3m stuff. The kit is pre cut and the also have the tools to do the job. I figure if I dont do it right I only paid $40 bucks.
Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...6283QQtcZphoto

Here's the DIY kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...90579&rd=1

....and the sample kit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...90828&rd=1

Old 12-24-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear
Default ?????????????????????

Hi

This is not as easy as it sounds and l know a bunch of guys who tried and blew it but again it's only $40.

Good Luck

Alan

Quick Reply: 3 m Protective Film