Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Small Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
3rd Gear
Default 3 Small Problems

Hello Friends. I got three small problems. I hope you guys can help about them.

1-) Water Temp gauge sometimes work somethimes not. it works for 30 min then it drops 0°, then works again and goes to middle then drops again. Why?
2-) When I hit the break I feel pulse on the break pedal. Pulse comes only before I full stop. It is like ABS is on, but why? It happens after I got my new front bearing installed.
3-) My remote range is very short. I just replace the battries but still same. Range is about 10mt or less. Is there a way to make it longer?

Thanks for the answers...

Old 05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: 3 Small Problems

Replace the temperature sensor.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:24 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: CRAZYHAWK

Replace the temperature sensor.
Where is it ? Where can I find it ? How much is it? sorry too much question

Old 05-17-2005, 01:27 PM
4th Gear

Welcome to the world of Audis. You have to be almost touching the car for the remote to work. Normal but a pain

Brakes, sound like perhaps a warped rotor, or something not seated right. Sorry, suspension and brakes are not my strong point. Any codes that could signal ABS problems?

Old 05-17-2005, 01:36 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: david9999
Brakes, sound like perhaps a warped rotor, or something not seated right. Sorry, suspension and brakes are not my strong point. Any codes that could signal ABS problems?
Nop ABS light is not on, so I think there is no code. and it does not doing it all the time.. just most of the time.
exp: I come from Hw to an exit, start to apply hard break until 30mpr then before come to stop sign, I apply soft break then I hear that sound.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: aRIf

ORIGINAL: david9999
Nop ABS light is not on, so I think there is no code. and it does not doing it all the time.. just most of the time.
exp: I come from Hw to an exit, start to apply hard break until 30mpr then before come to stop sign, I apply soft break then I hear that sound.
is it just the sound or does it vibrate through the pedal. it does just sound like a warped rotor. if you wanted to you could cleen off your abs sensors see if that helps. they are on you brake calipers.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
3rd Gear

it is both sound + pulse&vibrate on the break pedal.

is it easy to reach the abs sensor without taking the tire off ?

Old 05-17-2005, 05:58 PM
5th Gear

1. coolant temp sensor. it's located on the rear side of your engine, just in front of the firewall....here's where you can buy them......and here's a write-up on how to do it yourself.

2. your abs speed sensor is either dead or incorrectly installed. if you've had any suspension work done recently, alot of times the mechanics will reinstall it wrong. if it's failed they are about 140 bucks to replace.

3. yes you can make the range longer. you have to relocate the antenna which is located under the rear seat bench. here's a simple write-up on how to do that...

Old 05-17-2005, 06:00 PM
5th Gear

if it only happens just before coming to a complete stop then it is definitely your abs sensor, and no, it's not very easily accessible without removing the tire

Old 05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
3rd Gear

thank everbody

and thanks a lot bentframe. Great info.

Quick Reply: 3 Small Problems