Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Cabriolet Convert. Check Engine * Air bag light on

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
1st Gear
Default 94 Cabriolet Convert. Check Engine * Air bag light on

The cars cosmetics are in excellent condition, paint job, interior, everythng cosmetic but I had problems with the ignition It stays stuck. I have to tilt it a little in order for it not to grind. I took it to the Audi dealer because the mechanic who said could fix the problem didnt. He kept draining me of money byt didnt fix the car. It has the check engine light on and the airbag light on. Its running like crap I had already taken care of the over heating problem at the dealership then they want to charge me an arm and a leg for these other issues. EGR has built up Carbon. Valve was changed. It had a leak. The convertible doesnt want to budge. It was working fine when I took it to the dealer. When I take off it sounds like its missing but I had spark plugs changed and wires. Does anyone know what kind of spark plugs its takes?! Wires cost me over 300 dollars. I ve had the car for little over a year. It has I think almost or over 100,000 miles. THe car ran great no problems. I made sure I stayed on top of the oil changes etc. Now it runs like crap. Has no power or it stutters. What gives. Geez and everyone that sees me coming thinks I m made of money. I just had to pay over 600.00 between the diagnostic and the repair for the over heating which by the way as per the dealer it had the wrong one in there. PLEASE HELP I am a single mom with two boys I am not made of money and I am being ripped off wherever I go Is there anyone that can recomend a mechanic that knows how to work on these cars ??? Where ever I take it, seems everyone knows, then the problem escalates, they screw it up and admit after the screw up that they never worked on those cars and were trying to help. I dont need help I need my car fixed by an honest mechanic. I know they exist I am in Broward but the car is in West Palm Beach area. Please can someone help. Platinum mobil moved so I dont know any other place that has worked on these cars.
Thank you
Maddie