Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 04:16 PM
1st Gear
Default ..

\..

Old 09-23-2005, 04:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Blow off vs. diverter

Dude... let me be the first to tell you this topic has been gone over I don't know how many times. I am still considered new here too, but you gotta use the search utility before asking questions like this one.

Next, don't put a blow-off valve on your car. Audi's use Diverter valves. Instead of the air being "blown off" into the atmosphere, the air is "diverted" back into the intake. The engine/ECU is expecting this extra rush of air being diverted back in and compensates but adding lots of fuel. If you blow off the air into the atmosphere you will run rich... and there are a couple threads of people having problems with their engines using BOVs.

I love "these" things.

Seriously use the search thing... topics been gone over many many times.

------------------------------------

Just cuz you ask something thats been answered a whole bunch of times doesn't mean you need to delete everything. You are new here... everyone does that when they don't know any better.