Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 B7 seatbelt warning noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Default A4 B7 seatbelt warning noise

Help guys, the seatbelt warning sound in my girlfriend's car is driving her crazy. I've done some research and it sounds like my only option is to buy a VAG. Has anyone tried to disable the actual speaker from within the dash where the sound emits from???

Old 03-03-2006, 12:18 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A4 B7 seatbelt warning noise

Just tell your girl to wear her seatbelt, unless she has a death wish... People who don't wear their seatbelt's make me sick... [>:]

Old 03-03-2006, 01:19 AM
2nd Gear

i'm sorry but that's the whackest complaint i have ever heard. it should just motivate her to put her damn seatbelt on.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Zombie Defense Force

see its a seatbelt warning for a reason, and its annoying for a reason...lemme think PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON

Old 03-03-2006, 01:51 AM
1st Gear

does it make sounds even after she put on the belt?

Old 03-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Zombie Defense Force

if it does take it to audi

Old 03-03-2006, 10:49 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

see its a seatbelt warning for a reason, and its annoying for a reason...lemme think PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON

Bzzzzz.... The B7 seatbelt warning is much more annoying than you think. It chimes even after you put your seatbelt on and continues. And then if anyone moves weight around in the passenger seat it starts up yet again! I "disabled" mine even though I NEVER go without wearing it or let anyone not wear theirs. Even after disabling it, it's not totally disabled it still beeps 2 or 3 times at startup, but its so much less annoying.

Vag is your only option. Please don't try to hack into your instrument cluster to disable it. Just go buy a vag or better yet...

http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl

Go make a friend on this list.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:49 PM

I agree. The ding is SUPER annoying and I always wear my seatbelt. The airbag detector for the passenger seat will sometimes see your briefcase as a person and will start dinging the seatbelt ding. Or my least favorite complaint is if I am sitting in my car after the end of my drive with the car still on doing some work, listening to the radio, or finishing a phone conversation and take off my seatbelt, the dinging goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on.... Completely annoying. Thanks for posting this question.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:07 PM
2nd Gear

oh, well if it keeps dinging after you have your seatbelt on.. that's just poor planning..

Old 03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
6th Gear

I just sucks if you want to just sit in the garage with the car on but don't need your seatbelt on. It dings non stop. If you vag it it just dings for the first few seconds the car is on. You really aren't completely disabling it, just making it the way the B5 was.

Quick Reply: A4 B7 seatbelt warning noise