Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 broke down

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 broke down

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for reading this post. I would appreciate any help or advice anyone has to offer.

Car: 2003 Audi A4 Quatro 1.8T

I was on my way home from Vegas, while driving about 80-85 mph, my car all of a sudden starting shutting off, what I mean is that I would press on the accelerator and it wouldn't apply any "gas" to the car, the RPM would fall and would try to come up, but it almost felt like my car was choking...

On the side of the freeway, I tried to turn my car back on, and it would start but then the RPM would idle, and the car would turn off...

Anyways, I got my car towed to the dealership, and I have 52,000 miles on the car, they said that my warranty ran out, and that I would have to pay to get it fixed...They haven't told me what the problem is...but here I am at work, extremely bummed out about the situation...

Can anyone help me out? I have had other problems in the past with this car, and it just seems weird that a 2003 model Audi would just "die" out on me like this...Appreciate all of your help...! Thanks...[sm=smiley6.gif]

Old 08-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Default RE: A4 broke down

It could be a number of things but what I suggest is that you ook here as it is more of a tec forum for things like this and maybe more people could help.

Bentley Publisher

Old 08-22-2005, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for your reply docurley, I am currently searching this site for any info that might be helpful...I'm just very upset because I am 2,000 over 50,000 and they don't want to honor the warranty...

Thanks again for your reply, and I will continue to search for an answere...

Old 08-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Site Moderator

Get your car scanned and post the results here.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

Thanks BaconBait, I am very anxious to find out what the problem is...I just hoping that it's not going to set me back too much...

Old 08-22-2005, 04:03 PM
5th Gear

With how suddenly it came on... hmm. Had you recently filled up with gas? Sometimes a bad tank of gas can do what you described... but it is very very rare.

If you are 2K out of warranty, (and still have over a year left) I'd get in touch with audi customer service, and plea with them. Be very polite, and just explain the situation.

If you're the first owner, and have all your records (audi maintained) I would give you 95% chance of getting it paid for... and a 99% chance that you'll at least get it half paid for.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:39 PM
1st Gear

Headshock thank you so much for the reply, I'm going to wait for the prognosis first and see how much the repairs will cost. It's really unfortunate that I am only 2K out of warranty...

Honestly, it did feel like the gas was running out...But I too think that is a VERY rare problem...I really hope Audi can help me out here...Thanks again for your help...

Old 08-22-2005, 07:24 PM

did you buy the car from new if so you should also be offered the Audi assured warrenty very highly recommened

Old 08-22-2005, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

i had tha same problem after my BOV was installed...on the freeway same **** thank god my mechanic was with me...check ur hose man..and make sure no sesnor fell out of place..my friend just fasten tha loose hose and i was on my way.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: TheQuattro

i had tha same problem after my BOV was installed...on the freeway same **** thank god my mechanic was with me...check ur hose man..and make sure no sesnor fell out of place..my friend just fasten tha loose hose and i was on my way.
dun dun dunnn. how come youre running a bov not a dv?

Quick Reply: A4 broke down