Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a4 newbie, a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:52 AM
1st Gear
Default a4 newbie, a couple questions

I am going to be picking up an 04 a4 1.8t auto this weekend. I am new to theworld ofaudi, I currently have an 03 wrx wagon that will become mydedicated racecar once I get the a4 but I have no idea where to even start onthe a4. I have heard thata chip is a good place to start but which one is the best?This is going to be adailydriver but I cant stand the idea of a stock car so I want to just give it a few upgrades. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: a4 newbie, a couple questions

If you use the search, you will see this topic is covered almost daily. But, I personally would go with revo or giac software, and that would be about it, short of a fmic or an upgraded turbo. Most other upgrades are just a waste of time with the ko3.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM
1st Gear

Yeah sorry for not searching I was on my way out the door for work and was hoping for some replies when I got back. I am not a newbie to forums and I will be doing a ton of searching, thanks for the info

Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 PM

If you do get chipped - make sure to let me know which one you got.

I just recently got GIAC, and while it's better, I didn't have the 'wow factor'. The tuner explained that the chips don't do as much on the B6's, especially the tiptronics. He was right - at least as far as GIAC goes.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:52 PM

I got APR on my tiptronic B6 and i experienced the wow factor. maybe i just have low expectations...

Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 PM
3rd Gear

This is why we say -

B5 - GIAC
B6 - REVO or APR
B7 - APR

Old 03-07-2007, 11:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: haudi2U

I got APR on my tiptronic B6 and i experienced the wow factor. maybe i just have low expectations...
That is good to know. as I am so new to this audi platform, B6 is the chassis code? What years are the b6? Do you have any supporting mods with your chip? Exhaust etc?

Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
4th Gear

02-05

are b6

with the chip all you need is an upgraded diverter valve

but they all offer + programs, that is alittle more aggressive, comes with chip, injectors and fpr

Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 PM

he's right. Mine's an 02 and my only other mod is a Forge DV

Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Site Moderator

For the B6's there's also a big injector program. It definatley kicks the wow factor in gear. I've installed most of the parts below on 2 different B6's. Dan has an 05 A4 and Tony with an 02 A4.

If I had a B6, this is what I'd get for some simple mods-
Big injector program- GIAC or APR, not sure if REVO has one. Dan has the GIAC version and it rocks.
Diverter valve- any one you want. The stock one will tear (it has a rubber diaphram) after a little while with just a chip. No bov's. Audis have a recirculating system and bov's are bad.
Exhaust- AWE or APR. Dan has had both and the APR is a bit quieter and has a deeper sound.
Coilovers- H&R, Koni, Vogtland. I'd probably go with the Vogtlands. Tony's Konis (teehee) blew out and we installed the Vogtlands on his ride. They're a bit easier to adjust and he hasn't broken them yet.

That ought to last you a while.

Quick Reply: a4 newbie, a couple questions