Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 took one for the team

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:31 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default A4 took one for the team

I was on my way to Groton, CT this morning, just cruising along route 95 somewhere in Connecticut, when out of nowhere, just over the crest of a hill, there was a metal trash can in the middle of the f*cking lane. I had four choices; slam on my brakes and hope that the previous owner had installed a parachute and front-facing retro-rockets, plow through the trash can, swerve to my left and get eaten alive by the tanker truck, or swerve into the breakdown lane. Obviously, I chose to swerve into the truck....

J/K

Into the breakdown lane I went but what was there waiting for me? The goddamn lid to the trash can which I didn't see before but it really didn't matter since that lane was the only place to go. I hoped to clear it but it was kinda f*cked up from probably falling off a truck and it nailed the lower on my front bumper. Now my lower is bent out and kinda pinched underneath, and there is avvibration at highway speeds that was never there before. The tires are fine, I didn't throw any weights, my alignment, tie rods, and all suspension components are sound, so I'm assuming it's from the aerodynamic disruption. I'm hoping that I can just take it off, and then reattach all the clips.

Pics to come later, too tired/pissed right now. [:@]

Old 08-06-2007, 06:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 took one for the team

Lame! [:'(]

Old 08-06-2007, 06:44 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

See my sig? That was made just for you

Old 08-06-2007, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

i assume you are referring to
lol@2.8n00bs
thats me! when i bought mine, an audi was an audi.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:55 PM
2nd Gear

figures out of all the things you could have done you came across the ******* lid of the trash can.

However...... if you decided to plow through the trash can, ricocheted off your ride into the tanker truck, causing the tanker truck to tip over, lighting all the fuel with a HUGE explosion......while you had THAT parachute which enabled you to watch the whole thing in front of you.........

NOW that would have been a ******* story bro!

Old 08-06-2007, 06:57 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Hmmm... That would have been cool, but the only thing in my trunk was about 4000 rounds of various caliber ammo... Not exactly a parachute

Old 08-06-2007, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

4000 rounds of ammo? Restocking the weapons locker i presume? Im surprised MA & CT dont have some sort of law against having mass amounts of ammo haha.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

*Ahem* INSURANCE! If your deductible isn't that bad, now might be a good time to get that front bumper repainted and repaired courtesy of allstate or whoever you have. Or maybe switch to an S4 front bumper?

As I'm fond of saying "There's always a silver lining when you look at the world while tripping ***** on acid."

Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

What guns do you have? I just moved back to NY and thusly had to sell my Sig Sauer P229 .40, my Browning Buckmark .22, and my Bushmaster m4.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

My personal collection includes:
RPK (drum mags FTW!)
2x AMD-65
Siaga 12
FN-FAL
Enfield Jungle Carbine #5
Mosin Nagant
Couple of SKS's
Some really old black powder pistol
Beretta 92FS in stainless
Beretta 9000s Type F .40
SW99 (the Walther framed one) .40
Beretta 1951

It's still kinda small right now, but I'm working on it! I lilke to stock up on ammo because I go through it so fast. And as far as going through my insurance, I thought about it, and I'm going to call them tomorrow to see about it. I'm not to keen on making a claim, though... I've never had to before and I'm kinda ascared![]

Quick Reply: A4 took one for the team