Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 V6 Quattro won't run at all!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:16 AM
Default A4 V6 Quattro won't run at all!

A4 V6 1997 Quattro won't run at all!

A few months ago, I ran into the garage with my bike on the roof. Insurance fixed it. But since then, it has ran horrible. Less power (not catalytic converter they say) and vibration in the floor boards and much more vibration in the gear shift. I took it to a mechanic who was checking around and while he replaced a few hoses (who knows why) and something to do with starter (who knows why) says he can't determine the problem, and now when he put the hoses back on the car won't run at all.

I had a similar problem last year when I drove through a huge rain puddle, and the water got in an engine part and froze overnight and blew it up. This is something like where the spark starts, although not a cap and rotor like I used to work on. I don't even know the part but it cost maybe $350 or something. It think the jolt of the car going into the garage screwed it up or something. At first when I started the car after the garage, it sounded horrible for like 20 seconds, like the electronic timing was WAY off and then settled down and ran ok but never great again. This is totally screwed since now I have to try and get insurance to cover it but they are skeptical. Any idea what to tell the Volkswagen guys? Car is getting towed there on Thursday.

HELP! Please reply or message me!

Last edited by Audi_CH; 12-02-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM

can some one reply to this? thank you!