Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 vs Saab 9-5

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A4 vs Saab 9-5

errr the saab 9-3 aero interior is pretty nice

Old 08-08-2006, 02:31 PM

well the fact that your comming from a jeep to either of these cars area huge step fowar. my last car was a 97 jeep grand charkee and my dad hasa comander with a hemi and all i have to say is that they areboth the biggest gass pigs on the planet. i now laugh when i go to the gas station and fill up with 94 and gas lasts me a week now compaired to the 3-4 days in the jeep. but becides that i would deffineatly go with the audi beucase they have a more sporty look and ride and they are solid built cars. also the interiour and exteriour are much nicer then the sabb.and maby you should ask yourself the question. why do i barely see sabs on the road in the first place?

Old 08-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Slut

first off, those bogus pics were of a 9-5 from like 01 while the audi was at least a b6. saab uses more supple seats leather for their nicer cars. the "92x aero" that you speak of is a damn subaru wrx with some cosmetic surgery, (General Motors for you)... And parking garages??? well you can get that super annoying, but sometimes useful reverse parking sensors in the saab since 01 or 02. im not sure if any of you guys have heard about "Trionic 7" but its only the sickest engine management system besides trionic 8 which is under contract thru SQR not to crack and sell ecu upgrades for. By the way, Saabs use garrets and mitsubishi turbos compared to ko3's, which allows higher modding on the stock turbo.

Believe me i love audis, but give credit where it is due. test drive an old Viggen or any Aero and tell me you didnt have a blast.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

Again thats personal preferences.... and for me there is just too much buttoms and the panel is just not as easy access as Audl or BMW.
ORIGINAL: ejc317

errr the saab 9-3 aero interior is pretty nice

Old 08-12-2006, 03:50 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

first off, those bogus pics were of a 9-5 from like 01 while the audi was at least a b6. saab uses more supple seats leather for their nicer cars. the "92x aero" that you speak of is a damn subaru wrx with some cosmetic surgery, (General Motors for you)... And parking garages??? well you can get that super annoying, but sometimes useful reverse parking sensors in the saab since 01 or 02. im not sure if any of you guys have heard about "Trionic 7" but its only the sickest engine management system besides trionic 8 which is under contract thru SQR not to crack and sell ecu upgrades for. By the way, Saabs use garrets and mitsubishi turbos compared to ko3's, which allows higher modding on the stock turbo.

Believe me i love audis, but give credit where it is due. test drive an old Viggen or any Aero and tell me you didnt have a blast.

dont get me wrong i love my a4...... but hes right. i owned a 1996 900se and i was never afraid to give it gas when an audi or bmw pulled up. i mean i couldnt believe that thing. and that was with trionic 5. i remeber when i started looking at audi's and i saw they came with ko3. i was like.....what the hell is a ko3....if saab wasnt being taken over more and more by gm i would most likley still be driving one today. the trionic 7 system is so nice. saab are a completly underated and are all together unique cars. so if u want to be like everyone else and get more money back in the end then go with the a4 but if u want a unique and true driving experience then buy a saab.

if only i could find one of these bad boys for the price i got my a4 for........

Old 08-12-2006, 04:00 AM
1st Gear

oh and btw if u buy the saab u wont have to worry about the timing belt breaking causing complete engine failure or the suspension wearing out which has been a huge problem with the b5 a4s...and u wont really have to worry about the oil sludging which are creating huge problems and recalls like the 1.8t's are. but u will have to worry about getting less back on ur investment (if u want to looking at a a driving experience as an investment)

Old 08-12-2006, 04:25 AM
Site Moderator

drunk

Old 08-12-2006, 04:55 AM
SoCal Crew Member

im sorry, i bet they arent that bad of cars but from the experience my friend has with hers i get a bad idea from them, i think its a 9-3, something like an 02 or and 03 and it has more problems than my car and i dont really like driving it much, i prefer my 10 year old audi over her 3 or 4 year old saab, i dunno, i never got to break it loose too much, it did seem a bit quick, and i like the fact that it has a boost gauge stock and stuff, i jsut think its kind of an ugly car, the brand new ones however... those are nice

Old 08-12-2006, 04:56 AM
2nd Gear

This Saab love makes me think some of you are "touched in the head"....

I have owned two BMW's back to back before this Audi.
I have dated TWO different girls that have BOTH driven Saabs during that time. (Should have been a hint)
The Saab experience could not touch the BMW experience. At all.
The entire reason that I even GOT an Audi because it was as close as I could find to the BMW overall and actually BETTER in some aspects.
Saab ranks third in absolutely every category I can think of between the three.
The engine management in nice.
Great.

Let me forget about the interior, exterior, road-feel, suspension, etc......

Then maybe Saab has a chance for me to be a customer.
Maybe.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: jonus079

oh and btw if u buy the saab u wont have to worry about the timing belt breaking causing complete engine failure or the suspension wearing out which has been a huge problem with the b5 a4s...and u wont really have to worry about the oil sludging which are creating huge problems and recalls like the 1.8t's are. but u will have to worry about getting less back on ur investment (if u want to looking at a a driving experience as an investment)
You sound a little bitter...
Do you even own an Audi?
Everyone has to worry about their cars maintnance. Where Audi's lack in their quarky traits, they make up for it in the driving experience, appearance, AND resale value. Necessary steps have been taken by Audi to prevent all the problems you mentioined... Any informed audi owner knows that information, and can appreciate that even one of the best looking/performing cars on the road will have its flaws.. but its ok because its worth it when your air vents dont look like waffles and and people are still willing to pay a preimuim cost for a premium piece of driving mahchinery after 5 years. Audi>Saab in every way, discussion over!!!!!!!!!
-3 vodka tonics and some beers and Saab just got owned.... Audi>Saab 4life bitch.

Quick Reply: A4 vs Saab 9-5