Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Bag light

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Air Bag light

mine was on and when i took it in they found out that my airbag in my passanger seat was not working, so they ripped out my seat and put a new air bag in. it was cool i drove around for a few days with out a passanger seat

Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 AM
1st Gear

the light can go on for the reasons mentioned by Mr. Foreign or it can be triggered by puttin the seat all the way down, all the way towards the floor, all the war towards the rear seat, and leaning the seatback all the way down. Apparently, this stretches the wire too far and pulls it out. I have the same problem and I have looked under the seat before and trust me, its next to impossible to find the right wire. I couldnt. The good news is that unless the light is flashing, the airbags SHOULD function normally. (Dont hold me to that though lol) I would bring it to a dealer or a shop that knows Audi's to fix it. Actually, thats IS wat im gonna do lol.

-Matt

Old 12-09-2005, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear

Airbags DO NOT work if the light is on!!!!

Old 12-09-2005, 12:47 AM
2nd Gear

not true i brought mine to the dealer and they said they were functioning but a wire may have popped out from under the seat

Old 12-09-2005, 01:20 AM
1st Gear

yea... a flashing light means u got a serious problem. solid is just a loose wire. either way it should b fixed though

Old 12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mjvss21

not true i brought mine to the dealer and they said they were functioning but a wire may have popped out from under the seat

Not to argue with your dealer or anything, but I"ve had airbag problems for a solid year and the one thing that I've understood is that if your airbag light is on, the system does not function.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:00 PM
2nd Gear

i understand that but the dealer said when it is flashing then the airbags are shutdown and will not fire if in an accident, but they said if the light just randomly came on solid one time when you got done golfing and started up your car (me) then if in an accident they will still fire... but im not saying that you dont know what your talking about but i dont see why my dealer would lie to me when they love to make money!

Old 12-09-2005, 04:31 PM

truth is if the airbag light is on and you dint have a passenger airbag the system is disarmed, the passenger airbag is the key point here and the flashing light "it flashes for 15 seconds then the light stays solid" the passenger airbag only is deactivated and the rest are armed.

in a nut shell if you don't have a passenger airbag and light on solid ( system disarmed )

Old 08-01-2006, 08:33 AM

My airbag light has come on! I noticed it after my partner had driven the car, so the DRIVERS seat would have been adjusted.

Are the cables you talk about only under the passenger seat? Or are they under the drivers seat as well?

We've also had a dog that sits on the floor in front of the passenger seat, so if these wires are only under the passengers seat (therefore not related to the drivers seat being adjusted) it is possible the dog has pulled something.... I can't actually remember if I adjusted the passenger seat for my comfort that night as I'd had a drink, hence my partner driving

Could you confirm for me that IF I find and reconnent the right cable - assuming that is the problem, will the airbad light then go out, or will it still need to be reset at a garage?

Thanks!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

Brilliant to hear that others have the same issue!
Brought my A4 2001/W (B5?) Avant TDi 115 back in July 06
Love it.
Wife drives it and each time the airbag light comes on, I take it to a local garage who VAGCOM it and reset it and all is good.
However, my beautiful wife then takes the car and the light comes on!

SO must be to do with adjusting the seat height/pitch etc.

Was advised to check the plugs under the seat, so did this and all are in the right place......

DISASTER!

Drivers Information System now not working..............not happy!

Any comments, or am I being a muppet?
Thanks in advance,

Matt

Quick Reply: Air Bag light