Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:26 PM
1st Gear
Default air conditioning

hey guys i have a question about my air conditioning when i turn it on only hot air comes out, not even when im driving alot its still hot...what could be the problem with it and my climate control keeps flickering on and off how do i fix that 2
THX guys

Old 07-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Default RE: air conditioning

I had the same problem go to walmart buy a can of r134-a refill coolant its about $20.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

I'm having a similar problem... my climate control was making some weird squeaking noises a few months ago... then when it stopped, my ac went out and only blows HOT air now. Took it to a mechanic and he said it was something electrical that was wrong with it. They recommended taking it to a stealership to have it checked out... def not my first choice, anybody have any ideas???

Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 PM
2nd Gear

+1 my air doesn't get cold. it blows the temp it is outside.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:30 AM
4th Gear

Could be anything from a bad compressor, no refrigerant, stuck air flaps in the dashboard. No way to diagnose the problem with the little information you gave us.

Look under the hood. Is the belt to the compressor turning. Is the electric secondaryfan coming on when the AC is on for a few minutes and the car is hot? Can you hear the clutch on the AC compressor going "Click" when you turn on the AC? Have you felt the lines going through the firewall? Do either of them feel cold?

Old 08-02-2006, 01:45 AM
2nd Gear

vag the car to see if any faults for a/c is thrown

if its compressor etc vag will throw codes

Old 09-07-2006, 04:56 PM
1st Gear

I have the same issue in my 2004. I hear the AC gear/clutch click when I turn on the climate control but the air never gets cold. The secondary fan comes on but i live in South Florida...the secondary fan always comes on when it's 100 degrees. Everything seams in order visually under the hood but before i take it to the dealer is there something else i can do?

2004 1.8ltr ultrasport. 35k miles

Old 09-07-2006, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

yea my car had the same problem when i first got it, what it most likely is, is just a bad relay... this happens to a lot of audis for some reason but you can call the dealership parts place and give your model and whatnot and get a new a/c relay (i believe theres only one) and then have a local mechanic install it, which would be cheaper then taking it to the dealership..... if the problem is a bad relay

Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

All good advice....

But for my $0.02 worth....

It's as likely a leak in the a/c leaking the coolant as it is anything mechanical or electrical. This is a common fault in A4's if my auto-electrician is to be believed. I had mine done under warranty.... took longer to pull the car apart and put back together than to regas it.....

But then that's often the way...

Old 09-08-2006, 01:43 AM
2nd Gear

damn that sucks for all u peeps with hot air. my ac gets as cold as *****

Quick Reply: air conditioning