Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALL VAG OWNERS.....???'s for you

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear
Default ALL VAG OWNERS.....???'s for you

Hey guys, I was just playing with the vag today, and I was wondering what is your average intake temperature and coolant temperature. My intake temp is always around 34-37 degrees celcius and coolant is always around 83 degrees celcius. Anyone that has any comparisons, please let me know.
Thanks.
Josh

Old 11-16-2005, 09:14 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: ALL VAG OWNERS.....???'s for you

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

Hey guys, I was just playing with the vag today, and I was wondering what is your average intake temperature and coolant temperature. My intake temp is always around 34-37 degrees celcius and coolant is always around 83 degrees celcius. Anyone that has any comparisons, please let me know.
Thanks.
Josh
hahahaha

So I'm 12... wanna fight about it?

Old 11-16-2005, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear

I think I missed the joke.........[&:]

Old 11-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Site Moderator

Thanks.
Josh
When you go into a particular engine control unit through VAG COM, while the engine is running, you can view "measuring blocks"... You can view different stats by clicking the little arrows on the left for each cell, chage it from 0 to 1 in the first cell and from 0 to 2 in the second cell, and so on to view multilple stats at one time. Should give you your idle, throtle angle, engine load, and actual temps, and then beside it what the normal ranges are. WORD TO YOUR MOTHER DONT I SOUND SMART! F-in around with the VAG is fun, and even more so when you actually need it and remind yourself that you just saved $50-$80! Ive used it probably 10 times in just a couple months. The main reason i got it is becasue just because your CEL doesnt come on, doesnt mean you arent registering fault codes. People like us like to know whats going on with our audis at all its like a peace of mind. Just dont recode anything unless you know its safe like the tip tranny coding.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:24 PM
2nd Gear

When you go into a particular engine control unit through VAG COM, while the engine is running, you can view "measuring blocks"... You can view different stats by clicking the little arrows on the left for each cell, chage it from 0 to 1 in the first cell and from 0 to 2 in the second cell, and so on to view multilple stats at one time. Should give you your idle, throtle angle, engine load, and actual temps, and then beside it what the normal ranges are. WORD TO YOUR MOTHER DONT I SOUND SMART! F-in around with the VAG is fun, and even more so when you actually need it and remind yourself that you just saved $50-$80! Ive used it probably 10 times in just a couple months. The main reason i got it is becasue just because your CEL doesnt come on, doesnt mean you arent registering fault codes. People like us like to know whats going on with our audis at all its like a peace of mind. Just dont recode anything unless you know its safe like the tip tranny coding.

....WTF!?!? I was asking what your temps were not how to use it...I know how to use it......sry didn't mean to come off like that but read the post first.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Site Moderator

....WTF!?!? I was asking what your temps were not how to use it...I know how to use it......sry didn't mean to come off like that but read the post first.
Dont worry about coming off like that... I meet a holes every day... From the sound of your 1st post it sounded like VAG was new to you, so I was trying to pump you up. My reply was direct, letting you know that whatever your temps are, it clearly indicates beside or bellow what they SHOULD be. If your temps are out of that range at idle with the car warmed up-there's something wrong. You say you know how to use it, but can you read?? Sorry for coming off like that.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:38 PM
2nd Gear

my bad, didnt see that in your first post....but what are you intake temps?

Old 11-16-2005, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Thanks.
Josh
hahahaha

Hahahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only one easily amused.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Thanks.
Josh
hahahaha

hahah, thats great......

Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 PM
2nd Gear

So no one has looked at this???I'm trying to figure out if my temp sensor is working bc my friend has a awe stg III + s4 and his are like 50 degrees celcius.

Quick Reply: ALL VAG OWNERS.....???'s for you