Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I missing something...just want to check

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Am I missing something...just want to check

So I went to the audi dealership, but on the way stopped off and drove a slightly used G35 coupe. So, I go to the audi dealership afterwards, yeah, I want to test drve, black on black, PERFECT :-) And I left unimpressed with the Audi, is it because I had just drove a car with 80 more HP? Also, if it hasnt been driven a lot, everything still has to be seated, but I just felt like it sounded like the engine was struggling on flats and uphill was worse. In S it got a little better, retained more power in between shifts, but still....but the Audi will get WAY WAY better gas mileage....and a chip will help a lot....I don't know, any thoughts here guys, I want to buy today.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:03 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Am I missing something...just want to check

just guessin' but i dont think the G35 is all wheel drive which makes the audi an excellent choice for year round driving if thats what you were considering. just a thought.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: RedlineRonin

just guessin' but i dont think the G35 is all wheel drive which makes the audi an excellent choice for year round driving if thats what you were considering. just a thought.
Yes and also depends on how new the audi was you drove. Of course and older car will drive ******* than a "slighty" used one. As for the chip...Tiptronic? Manual? 1.8T? 2.8? B5?B6?B7? More info would result in a better reply

Old 05-16-2006, 03:05 PM

only one thing you missed ( quality )

Old 05-16-2006, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

It was an 06 audi, and I do agree, the interior seemed to be PERFECT on the audi. The sales guy didn't know how to make the info change on the driver info display n the dash, how do you do that? I am gonna go test drive them again then decide. PLUS, I have been reading G35 forums and some guys say they are getting like 17.5 50/50 freeway city, and the Audis I know have to get WAY better than tha, especially with FSI, right?

Old 05-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Site Moderator

Silly salesman. What model were you looking at?

Old 05-16-2006, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

Additionally if you're terribly concerned about making up that 80 horsepower you really do have a lot of options for audi's. Chip, bigger/better turbo (not really sure what they put in the 06's). I dont know how serious you are about modding but imo you could eliminate that horsepower difference w/o spending a whole lot of green.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:17 PM

salesmen are not techs so that's what you get lol but I agree they should know a lot more or at least take more attention than they do for sales reasons, in order for someone to sell a car they should know all about it or at least most features sadly a salesman will remain at dick head status till he learns

Old 05-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Site Moderator

fuel mileage- http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/Audi2006.shtml

Old 05-16-2006, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BaconBait

Silly salesman. What model were you looking at?
It was an 06, A4, 2.0T, sunroof package, quattro

Quick Reply: Am I missing something...just want to check