Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amazing but more help needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Default Amazing but more help needed!!

WOW you guys are great I love this I am dead serious!!

Im the 20 year old with the $1100 a week income with the 97 A4 1.8T And I got more questions!

Thank you for answering my last four questions.....but now I got some more.

You all have me hooked on the GT2871RS, so that will be ordered very shortly once I get a few more answers..... Like
With the 2871 on a stock engine, what is the best exhaust, intake, programming? And and I going to need any internal engine parts (pistons, rods) ya know? And what about a fueling kit for injectors and that kinds stuff? I guess all in all, if I get the 2871 what more do I need (intake, exhaust, DV, Injectors, ECM)? Examples and links needed please.

And heres another questions for the computer geeks like me, what type of scan tool will do I need to diagnose my cruise control and my airbag sensor? I put on the S4 Suspension upgrade.....best idea ever but when I did that I was screwing witht he steering wheel to make sure everything was in line, and I connected the battery before I connected the air bad and now the little RED "AIR BAG" light is on..... Is there a scan tool with cd programming that I can connect to my laptop and rest that and my cruise just stoped working a week ago and Im a little frustrated, and advice? And are there any ecu's or ecm that will allow computer maunal tuning? My friend has a honda civic (i know POS) but he dumped $12,000 into a civic Si 93 and it's sad to say but it spanks my car in the quarter, and I just wannna stomp him back, but anywho, he has a ecu where he can connect his laptop and adjust the air to fuel ratio, timing, and more, does audi have anything like that!

Im a virgin to turbo cars I guess but I know a ton about cars, my last was a BMW 740i (94....4.4L v8) and before that a Benz 560 SEL (1986 it was made when I was made ) and a nissan altima (2001) they were all great, my bro now has the BMW and the Benz is totaled because of my other brother lol! Enough of my life story!!

Thanks a billion and remember Im a Newbie so go easy and please help I want the best 97 A4 1.8T without going internal on the engine!!

Please Include Links and or Prices.......By the way how much is a GT2871RS, I've seen prices from $1700 to $2700? and what will the total HP be at the end?

Old 05-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Amazing but more help needed!!

The best way to absorb all of the mods/info out there for doing this stuff is to find out yourself and not jump into anything, about the links/prices etc. SEARCH.. Plus, by doing so, you wont look like a complete lazy ***. Your questions have been covered so many times and we all appreciate it if you could at least try to search for your answers first.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

Best:

Exhaust : 3" Custom DP back (borla muffler imo)
Programing : Unitronics
Intake: Carbino
FMIC : Custom or Greddy

Old 05-02-2006, 02:49 PM

Im not trying to be a lazy ***, I just want to get the best bang for my buck, Im new to the forum as you can tell... Im bad at looking at the past forums becuase looking at most of you guys all have Quattros.....and I don't.

Im just Wondering if there is a difference between the GT28RS and GT2871RS?!?!?
Like what size injectors am I going to need with a GT2871RS? (440cc, 500CC....ect)
I figured out the intake and Exhaust!!!
The DV is either going to be a Forge 004 or 007!
Which ecu is the best also? (GIAC, APR....ect)
Am I going to need a new Exhaust manifold? or is there a big kit that has everything that I need?
Thanks and sorry for being a newbie but I gotta start somewhere, and when I go do all this, Imma Post everything so people can really see what Imma do, and so other people like me can see pics and instsall tips lol!!

Old 05-02-2006, 03:02 PM
2nd Gear

Adam... seriously search. These topics have been covered numerous times. Search for key words like "GTRS" or whatever you want. You can also find info from companies that offer these kits like Renn Art which happens to be a sponsor here on the forum. ARIF is running their kit and is really happy with it. Search for his name and/or Tom Ritt.