Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried an electric supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Default Anyone tried an electric supercharger?

Anyone tried an electric supercharger, turbocharger? I know it's sketchy but even if it
delivers a fraction of their claim it'd be worth it. I saw this www.superwhirl.com
www.electricchargers.com I think there's a few others. Any info?

Thanks,
Jordan

Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Guru
Default RE: Anyone tried an electric supercharger?

try it be a ghinny pig

Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 PM
4th Gear

Its Guinea pig, but it is a piece of C*ap. It doesn't deliver anything because it can't push any air under pressure. Sure it can move XX cfm in an open system, but so can I by blowing air out of my mouth. Blowing into my intake isn't going to make my car go faster

Old 02-16-2007, 09:18 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: jordansportsfan

Anyone tried an electric supercharger, turbocharger? I know it's sketchy but even if it
delivers a fraction of their claim it'd be worth it. I saw this www.superwhirl.com
www.electricchargers.com I think there's a few others. Any info?

Thanks,
Jordan
LOL!!!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
2nd Gear

We just had a post about this the other day, a item on ebay was like that.

They personally guarantee at least a 40 hp gain... OMG [:'(]

Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

thats funny i work at auto service center. This guy came in with a electric toro leaf blower motor with a dryer ventran tohis intake on his jeep. He ran an extension cord pluged into a power inverter in the cab. I couldn't help trying not to laugh while he waited for service. There you go homemade electric super-turbo charger.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

hey jordan def worth the money, i tried it out on my car and it dramatically increases torque and horsepower. but i also had a bunch of supporting mods so i think the turbocharger worked better. I started out my mods with led windshield washers, strobes in my fob light area, neons on the underside, a massive carbon fiber look alike wing, chopped my springs so i bottomed out on little pot holes but thats all good because i just swerve all over the road to avoid them, and then i put a folgers can on the end of my exhaust. I also had flame decals on the side, and a whole bunch of racing company decals on my trunk. If running just the turbo charger i think you could get like 50+ hp...with all my mods though i easily have like 175+HP ITS CRAZY AWESOME!!!!

Old 02-16-2007, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: 98A4TQ

thats funny i work at auto service center. This guy came in with a electric toro leaf blower motor with a dryer ventran tohis intake on his jeep. He ran an extension cord pluged into a power inverter in the cab. I couldn't help trying not to laugh while he waited for service. There you go homemade electric super-turbo charger.
HAHAHA!! too funny [8D]

Old 02-16-2007, 10:29 PM

I used to have super turbo exhaust on my explorer!...dude, imagine if you gought two of them! 80hp!...go for it!

Old 02-16-2007, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear

I knew a guy who had hisparent get him one for his b-day for his 2001impala. I installed it and it sucks. You have to flcik a switch to turnit on and if you forget to turn it off you kill your battery. The gains wer too small to notice if there were any. CRAP is my ruling

Quick Reply: Anyone tried an electric supercharger?