Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR ECU

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:19 AM
1st Gear
Default APR ECU

anyone on here that has the APR ECU upgrade... how much HP would you say you gained from it? b/c according to the APR site, i will end up with 206 HP, and that just seems like quite a jump from the stock 150HP... just looking into my options, and if anyone can reccommend anything else, that would be great 2

Old 03-31-2006, 01:15 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: APR ECU

ORIGINAL: LuckyCharmsUXZ

anyone on here that has the APR ECU upgrade... how much HP would you say you gained from it? b/c according to the APR site, i will end up with 206 HP, and that just seems like quite a jump from the stock 150HP... just looking into my options, and if anyone can reccommend anything else, that would be great 2

well this is also meant if you support it. Like getting a dv to hold the boost (stock wont cut it) and maybe a k and n filter will help too.

The reason the apr and giac and others boost power so much is the fact that stock boost is 7-8 psi. The "chip" ups the boost to 15 psi, as well as tunes fuel/air and timing. Doubling the boost and tunning more then makes that increase very viable.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:41 AM
Site Moderator

No offense to you luckycharms...

What is up with all the new people lately??? I have seen SO many new people here in the last month!!! Its like a new generation... I feel like a veteran and Ive only been here 6 months!

Luckycharms.. The hp is probably close to accurate for what they claim.. Most common B5 chips (APR/GIAC) are both going to put you around 200hp. Try using the search to find out more about chips and any other basic questions. You will be amazed how much info you can get by doing that.. Its almost endless amounts of information.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:48 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

What is up with all the new people lately??? I have seen SO many new people here in the last month!!! Its like a new generation... I feel like a veteran and Ive only been here 6 months!
I hope your not generalizing me in that category, as I joined 2 months ago

Luckycharms.. The hp is probably close to accurate for what they claim.. Most common B5 chips (APR/GIAC) are both going to put you around 200hp. Try using the search to find out more about chips and any other basic questions. You will be amazed how much info you can get by doing that.. Its almost endless amounts of information.

To tell the truth I came from dsm's and I saw the chip and what it was claiming for the 1.8t and I was skeptical. Thats until the said 15psi vs. 7-8psi on stock tune. Being a big turbo guy for the past 4+ years I dont doubt the chip at all. I bet its making every bit of what they are claiming to the crank, in fact Im sure more can be squeezed out had they tunned more agressively. But then again a stage 1 tune isnt meant to be aggressive.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:52 AM
Site Moderator

No I wasnt refering to you.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:53 AM
2nd Gear

I know, I was just trying to instill my turbo guru'ism on him

Old 03-31-2006, 01:59 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: liquidxit2

I know, I was just trying to instill my turbo guru'ism on him
Yeah I notice how you instill your "guru'ism" on everyone. You are the new me, Im getting tired of helping people and being informative these days.. The noobs just keep coming and coming and coming and coming, i get tired of explaining the same stuff over and over.. Not to say that I am a real "guru," but I think i burned myself out on posts.. i mean roughly 2000 posts in roughly 6 months is roughly 11 posts per day.
Plus my maxima requires more of my attention these days-not to get too off topic.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:55 AM
5th Gear

Dude I know what you mena i have been here about the same as you and I already feel like a veteran, lol

Old 03-31-2006, 06:14 AM
1st Gear

Well Im sure all the nubs appreciate your help, I know I did when you all helped me out

Old 03-31-2006, 06:48 AM
1st Gear

ive goit it on my car and i highly suggest it...they are great with csutomer service and the results they post on their website are very accurate. But like everyone has said you'll need to get a new DV (diverter valve). good luck