Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

attention i need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:38 PM
1st Gear
Default attention i need help

ok, this sucks...i cant get my car to pass inspection because i have a cracked drivers side mirror...i tried doin searches on them but ppl wanna selll me the whole assembely..its like 100 bux i dont have lol..i just bought a pioneer flip out and dont have much cash..im just looking for the Glass to the dirvers side mirror..i have a 98 a4 awd..oh and one other thing..i cant pass inspection due to emissions..like my radio threw it off..is there a code i have to enter to put my stock radio back in?

thanks,
Serg

Old 02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Default RE: attention i need help

http://images.google.co.uk/images?sv...+glass&spell=1

more info on the emissions the radio cant throw it off,

stock radio you need the code

Old 02-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Site Moderator

try www.car-part.com or www.shokan.com for thmirror.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

thanks a lot guys but as for the code..where can i get that..am i going to have to have audi like find it for me and if so do they charge? cuz that would **** me off like no other..
lol thanks,
serg

Old 02-16-2006, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

for the code on your radio, check it first..sometimes the tech's write it there to save themselves some time. If not you will have to goto the dealer
for a code, my dealer charges $80 to pull the code. I don't see why you need it to pass a emissions test, the two have nothing to do with each other.

btw I was able to pick up a new mirror without the assembly from my dealer for $35

Old 02-16-2006, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

35$ at the audi dealer? ...not bad.. as for the code on the radio i was told that u wont pass for emissions because the stock radio holds diagnostics for emissions..or something like that...even my installer at best buy told me that..i work the sales floor for best buy selling car audio..and people have asked me about this and i never had a answer for it..

Old 02-16-2006, 06:10 PM
1st Gear

added- i took it for inspeaction and when they connected it they told me they couldnt get a read for emissions..with my aftermarket radio in..

Old 02-17-2006, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

have you checked the outside of your radio for the code? also..if this is true you should just be able to plug the radio in even without the code to have them run the emissions test but again I have never heard of this being a problem with anyone running a aftermarket radio on a audi. What radio do you have (stock) ? do you have the premier package or just the 4 speaker setup?

Old 02-17-2006, 04:51 AM
1st Gear

when i wake up 2 moro ill take pics of it..i guess...im thinking since im using the wrong radio harness it could have sumthing to do with it as well

Old 02-17-2006, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

i just put the radio in and it turned on and works fine...lol no code nessecary..lets see if i can get theglass from the dealer..ill update that

Quick Reply: attention i need help