Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi a4 over 3 series

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 01:42 PM
1st Gear
Default audi a4 over 3 series

Hello,
I'm torn between these two cars, which is better value for money? Audi seems like it's a nicer interior but I hear many horror stories regarding their quality

Old 03-23-2005, 01:47 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: audi a4 over 3 series

Most of us are pretty partial to our A4's. If we thought a BWM was a better value, we would have bought it instead! What horror stories have you heard?

Old 03-23-2005, 01:49 PM

BMW's are **** outdated styling all out ugly interior you are going to pay a lot more to find one that is All wheel drive Audi's are just a all round better car easier to mod too

Old 03-23-2005, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

yeah the easy mods is why I like Audis, but I hear that the quality of their autos are garbage.. In fact, they were rated worst quality auto for two years in a row

Old 03-23-2005, 02:16 PM
6th Gear

Well they are no Honda that's for sure. But I think Audi has a bad rap for that. I love my car and will always buy Audi. I think it's build quality is impressive. The materials are sturdy and the craftmanship is supurb. Most of Audi problems are little. Things like O2 sensors and MAF sensors. There have only been a few major problems with the A4 series. Timing belt issues, control arms and rear hubs to name a few.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:16 PM
1st Gear

NO the BMW's sell becuase of their name as does Mercedes. If you want performance and handling on an already great chassis set-up go with the A4. Better all around car even though it lacks HP but that can be fixed quickly!

Old 03-23-2005, 02:23 PM
dw1
1st Gear

I have a 2005 BMW 320i, still only 750 km's on it so I can't comment on the long term durability vs. Audi. I find the fit and finish on my Audi superior to the BMW, and the Quattro all-wheel drive is also superior to BMW's Xi models. (test drove it in snow, don't own one)

The only real beef with my A4 so far is the poor front windshield quality (I think some genius at Audi decided to use softer recycled glass) so I've been through three windows in two years. The A4 is sluggish (easily fixed by upgrading to a V6) but handles just as good as the 320.

Each car has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but overall, dollar-for-dollar, I think BMW's are a little over-priced and the best bang for your buck is with an Audi ... my 2cents ...

Old 03-23-2005, 02:35 PM

well a chip should change the slugishness very fast and for a hella lot cheaper than upgradeing to the V6 as for the name I think you are right there it isn't because I own one or I would have bought a BMW or a Benz but they just don't have thwe same quality as the Audi one of the Benz i looked at not sure model # but the smaller hatch version they had one in the showroom at the local dealer so I went to look at it and it had cloth interior damm thing looked like my friends Kia inside and they were trying to sell this POS for $40,000 BTW I live in Canada but just not worth the money these things are going for and BMW's are exactly the same just over priced POS's

Old 03-23-2005, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: clconversion

well a chip should change the slugishness very fast and for a hella lot cheaper than upgradeing to the V6 as for the name I think you are right there it isn't because I own one or I would have bought a BMW or a Benz but they just don't have thwe same quality as the Audi one of the Benz i looked at not sure model # but the smaller hatch version they had one in the showroom at the local dealer so I went to look at it and it had cloth interior damm thing looked like my friends Kia inside and they were trying to sell this POS for $40,000 BTW I live in Canada but just not worth the money these things are going for and BMW's are exactly the same just over priced POS's
I'm in Canada too, another reason why Audi appeals to me - quattro in the snow > RWD

Do the newer Audis (03/04/05) still have that timing belt issue? I also heard that theres many electrical problems with the A4

Old 03-23-2005, 04:38 PM

what is the timing belt issue ?

Quick Reply: audi a4 over 3 series