Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi dealers in Toronto and pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Default Audi dealers in Toronto and pricing

hi all im new to this forum and im from hong kong but will be going to toronto in 4mths for university..

anyone here from GTA and knows dealers with nice priced used A4s in GTA? im planning to get an A4 for less than 20000CDN (roughly 16000USD)..i need a quattro model which is reliable on snowy conditions..and i want to know if its easy to get insurace or not in my case (im 19 and im currently holding a G1 licence which i cant drive on highways and only under a 4 year experience driver's supervision)..many thanks!

Jeff

Old 04-30-2005, 02:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi dealers in Toronto and pricing

Hey there welcome to the forums

IF you planing on getting Audi, you dotn have to
go the Dealership way, the tend to be more expensive
Look on autotrader.ca and you can private sellers
with better prices and pretty the same conditon of cars as
the dealer.
Man with a G1 insurance companies are going to rape you
with an Audi and 19 years old do you realy need a quattro ?
thats way we have snow ploughs ????

Old 04-30-2005, 02:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestions man..ive been searching through autotrader.ca for some time but are private sellers really trustable? i fear tht the cars they are selling are not as good as dealer certified ones..should i take it for a MOT test before buying it? and is it difficult to find garages to get the audi fixed in GTA?

Old 04-30-2005, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

yuo should get one E-tested and safety, then befor you buy it take it
to you garage or someone you know and ask them to go over it,
Ask for the service history make sure its up todate
A dealer sold car has the extended warrenty which is
nice but you gonna pay way more.
look at as many as you can to get a good ideaof wat you want
and wats out there
dont rush and buy the first one you see
ohhh and try buy one from an older person

Old 04-30-2005, 03:41 AM

whats the tax rate up there for an audi . . . eh?

Old 04-30-2005, 05:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Panzer Kommander

whats the tax rate up there for an audi . . . eh?
for private selling i dont think theres any tax charged..

Old 04-30-2005, 04:11 PM

in cali we gotta pay like 10 percent. my homey told the dmv he paid 100 dollars for his 05 bmw m5! $10 in tax. lol.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

Here is the best solution for you for sure!!!

Go to autotrader.ca and search for A4 cars in the Toronto and Central Ontario area anybody who is anybody and selling a car in Toronto sells their car on this site.... Even dealers!

Hope that helps!!

Old 04-30-2005, 08:46 PM
5th Gear

Yeah, from an audi dealer, you'll pay over 20 for a nice a4... unless you go older, like 98 maybe 99 or so... there is no MTO inspection, so you'd have to take it to a garage or audi dealer for an inspection, which you'd have to pay for. Buying from an audi dealer has its advantages, obviously... warranty being the main one. Otherwise, buy private. Buying from a non-audi dealership is a waste of time, and you'll pay a lot more. the warranties those places offer arent worth as much as the paper they are printed on.

As for tax. 15% at dealers... and there are usually around 250 dollars in extra fees applied.
Private, you pay only... PST I think. so 8%. Or only GST which is 7%... now your thinking, oh, i'll buy private and say I bought the car for 500 bucks... well, to buy a used car, you need a UVIP (used vehicle information pkg) -- it will have both a wholesale, and retail value for the specific (by VIN) car you are looking at. You can tell them you paid the wholesale price, and they wont bother you. My 2000 A4 1.8TQ had a wholesale of 15000 I think, so tax woulda been about 1200 bucks, private sale... at the dealer, you obviously pay 15% on what you pay for the car, minus any trade ins.

As for insurance, Canada blows hard in that dept... Liability insurance is all that is legally requird of you, and 1 million dollars minimum is suggested... (although the law states like 250 000 is the actual minimum). If your 19, without drivers training... expect to get bent over... without collision, i'd bank on about 3000+ a year... with collision, closer to 5K a year. If your record is clean, I suggest belair direct... which is www.belairdirect.ca or .com, I cant remember... or 1 888 280 9111.

If you have any other questions, just ask, or PM me... i've bought assloads of cars up here

Old 05-01-2005, 06:42 AM
1st Gear

DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OTHER DEALER EXCEPT AUDI!!!!!. The other guys will rip you off, trust me, I learned the hard way. Just try to get one from AUDI, you will pay more now, but you will have peace of mind and that is more worth it than anybody. If you are serious about purchasing and AUDI from a private person then take it to AUDI for them to inspect properly, not the safety inspection, but tell them to look for oil leaks, cause audi's are prone to do that...

Quick Reply: Audi dealers in Toronto and pricing