Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi's suck

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi's suck

These damn cars have ruined my life. Recently bought the wife a 2003 A6 wagon and that stupid car has completely corrupted my once simple views on how a vehicle is suppose to drive. My original plan was to keep my wifes Volvo as my putt around car when not using my work truck. Unfortunately after driving the wifes Audi (on the rare occasions when she lets me have the keys), the Volvo is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Even my once great truck now reminds me of Grapes of Wrath. So....I've decided I'm getting my own Audi...screw it...you only live once. I'm a pretty conservative driver...well I was (wifes car ruined that)...and I'm looking at a few older A4's with the 2.8 (around 2001 or so) and auto. From reading the many posts here it's obvious that I'm probably looking at a timing belt change along with related parts unless vehicle comes with documentation of recent replacement. Any other areas of concern that I should be aware of? Performance isn't a big issue so future mods are not likely hence the 2.8. Around town driveability and occassionaly feeling like I'm driving a Porsche when I go around a corner is all I'm after. Stop light to stop light performance doesn't interest me but I do enjoy those rare spurts here and there along with the devilish grin I get when crusing 80mph and the car feels like it only going 30 (the Volvo feels like it's going 80 when you are in fact going 30). Like I said, Audi's suck!! There's a understated elegance and stealtiness (is that a word?) in Audi's that I never knew existed in vehicles. Ruined my damn life!!

Old 12-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Default RE: Audi's suck

I'm glad this isn't an argument about how they drive bad or something, I knew there had to be catch that made the title understandable.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:23 PM
1st Gear

Go for it man.... GET UR OWN!!![sm=guilty.gif]

Old 12-04-2006, 01:06 PM

yeah, after selling my integra and test driving a couple, I knew that the A4 was the perfect car for me. Its hard to beat the amount of class, luxury, handling, and overall ride quality of an Audi, especially for what you can get them for now, as opposed to a couple years ago.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

yeah dude I was about to go off!!!!! I'm glad I finished reading the post before I said anything.... hehehe..

Old 12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

If you're driving around town, get the 1.8T you'll save a lot in petrol especially if you have a heavy foot.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
3rd Gear

nice post, for a second there i thought i was going to have to put the smack down.. good luck on the hunt for an audi personaly if i were you I would get the 1.8t and just get her chipped leave everything else alone, but the 2.8s are ok as well I guess..lol

Old 12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
4th Gear

+1 lol

Old 12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
4th Gear

damn, i was in the mood to flame someone again... 2.8 arent very favored, but if your just going to use it to drive around go for the v6... we just like the 1.8 because it has a turboooo

Old 12-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Administrator

you will like the 2.8 for its low end response.. and tourqe since you like how it drives you could always lean towards suspension mods

Quick Reply: Audi's suck