Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Insurance company suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:12 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Auto Insurance company suggestion

+1 for going under parents policy. Thats what I did before I turned 25. Now I have a 98 and I pay about $230 every 6 months for full coverage and a $500 deduct. It pays to shop - my GF then now wife was under progressive and was paying a little over 420 every 6 for her 2005 sentra she saved about $90 by changing to my carrier and saved another 40 when we got married.

My carrier is Country Insurance see if they are available in your area.

How to get a great car insurance quote
#1 - time warp to 25
#2 - have IMMACULATE CREDIT
#3 - get married
#4 - Shop Shop Shop - make sure they are quoting you correctly and not adding in other discounts that you will not qualify for once it goes to their under writers.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear

well ill satrt by saying you guys are all lucky as hell...!!!!
i am gioing with aig insurance right now being 20 yrs old i have 2 tickets and 1 accident on my record and have a 01 audi s4.. my monthly payments are god damn through the roof.. i pay 400.60 a month 2500 for 6 months and 5000 a year for full coverage with everything possible on my coverage it is the best way to go in the long run and will save you from whatever happens to you at all...smartest way to go and if you can get on your parents go ahead it is alot cheaper but for me that is not an option...

Old 12-14-2006, 02:18 PM

I'm searching for quotes right now too, and the fact that I just recently filed a claim isn't helping any. I was paying roughly $240/month for full coverage on my 98 A4, with 2 tickets. Now that I have the accident, everywhere I go is quoting me damn near $350 plus, and State Farm gave me a quote of $169/month (really damn good in my scenario), and when I went to go through with it, they said that they couldn't insure me?!? I'm gonna call a couple more of the State Farm agents around here, I don't know why they'd quote me, and 2 days later say "sorry, can't do it", let alone not give me a reason. I'm gettin very frustrated at insurance companies, I don't know why they aren't regulated, because some of them are quoting me upwards of $660/month, and Progressive was only $240/month (just checked online about 2 minutes ago), how can some of them rob people blind?!

Old 12-14-2006, 02:58 PM
3rd Gear

Dam 5k a year for an S4 - How much for Basic coverage - I'd think that in one year you'd save enough to pay for any damage done to your car if it was your at fault. Then take that money you saved after a couple of years and GO BIG T's

Old 12-14-2006, 03:16 PM
4th Gear

I have State Farm and pay $112month for full coverage. Now im 26 which gets me a break but also had a DUI. At 20-21 it was about the same for my 98' GTP without the DUI. You can also get a discount if you take the "safe driver class" like when you get a ticket with supervison.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:24 PM

I think I am going to look into a defensive driving course.... just so I can save some damn money on my insurance, cuz this is ridiculous. I talked to a couple people here at work, and that agent is shopping around trying to find me the best price, I'm just sick of playing all their games. Hell, my last insurance company OWES ME $1000 from when I was hit by an uninsured motorist, and they took my deductable out of the claim, when they shouldn't have... I'll probably never see it, ******* thieves.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:41 PM
4th Gear

You wont see that $$$$ if you dont pursue it. Write a letter with the claim # and any other important info. In the letter state that you expect to receive your rembursement check by the end of the year or you will be forced to take leagal action.

ORIGINAL: ProOnThaSnow

I think I am going to look into a defensive driving course.... just so I can save some damn money on my insurance, cuz this is ridiculous. I talked to a couple people here at work, and that agent is shopping around trying to find me the best price, I'm just sick of playing all their games. Hell, my last insurance company OWES ME $1000 from when I was hit by an uninsured motorist, and they took my deductable out of the claim, when they shouldn't have... I'll probably never see it, ******* thieves.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:32 PM
4th Gear

Im 17, drive an 03 Audi A4 Quattro. Under my parents policy for full coverage, pay 2800$ a year, its brutal. No tickets, no accidents... just a young kid with a car labeled under "sports" and the price went up more because its 1.8T and not regular 4 cylinder. They'll find anyway to stick it up you, it sucks ***. Oh well... What can I do? I also have AAA coverage... I beleive.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:47 PM
4th Gear

ProOnThaSnow; Contact the state insurance commissioner
in Helena.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:43 PM

well, this actually happened in washington state, butI will look into it, because the money I'd get from them, would ironically enough probably just go right back into more insurance....

Quick Reply: Auto Insurance company suggestion