Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

awe boost gauge problem need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 07:37 PM
1st Gear
Default awe boost gauge problem need help

spent couple hours today to install my awe tuning center vent boost gauge. Everything well good following instructions. Started car up and boost gauge regestered -18 hg on idlebut under acceleration boost would not go up past zero. Im definately boosting car is running fine. Checked lines could not find a leak or anything or any kinks. Think i may have gotten a shotty gauge and awe isnt in today to awnser any questions. So i put the stock vacuum line back on the manifold for the time being. nothing is ever easy, pretty pissed off anyone have any suggestions what to check THANKS.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: awe boost gauge problem need help

and gauge doesnt light up either. I know that i can check to see if the hot lead has power but havnt gottento try. Butalmost positive in was installed correctly, got power to headlights?WTF

Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Site Moderator

where is your gauge hose hooked up to under the hood?

Old 01-06-2007, 08:34 PM
18T
4th Gear

someone didnt install something right.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 PM
2nd Gear

lol that hose should go to the fpr, and it should light up, especially if you read the instructions and install it in the place they tell you to. Its actaully not difficult, but yeah i dunno about your psi thats weird.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Site Moderator

Lots of people have had bad luck installing it at the fpr. People have had best luck following APR's instructions: http://goapr.com/Audi/support/boost_gauge_pod.pdf

Best to install the T fitting/line at the front of the intake mani like those instructions^
People have had the same problem as you are having by hooking up to the fpr. Good luck

Old 01-06-2007, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

tee fitting was installed at intake manifold seen in picture. Had tee with brass reducer (on gauge line) installed than hose run through ecu compartment and beneath the steerring column and to the back of the gauge. Seems pretty straight forward what could the problem be. the tee fitting they gave with the kit seems pretty shittty plastic tee and while removing the tee to put the stock vac line on i broke off one end. Do they make any better tees, brass or something? There is also a inline air filter i installed onthe hose underneath the sterrng column, there is an arrow on the gauge, i was figuring having the arrowinthe direction of the gauge (directions did not state anything about this). I turned the filter around still with no difference.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:19 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ultrasport
Do they make any better tees, brass or something? There is also a inline air filter i installed on the hose underneath the sterrng column, there is an arrow on the gauge, i was figuring having the arrow in the direction of the gauge (directions did not state anything about this). I turned the filter around still with no difference.
Most of the "T" are about the same.

Now what is this "inline air filter"? There should be nothing inline with the boost gauge.

Power for the light comes from under the dash in the power distribution block. Red wire goes there. Black wire goes to ground, make sure there is no paint around the ground wire.

If you want to test the gauge, hook it up directly under the hood. Start the car & rev the engine a bit, it should move. Most of the time you are under 0 on the gauge. It only goes over to boost when you are really on the throttle.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:22 PM
1st Gear

yeah awe tuning gives you an inline air filter, they say its to iliminate any buzzing that may occur

Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ultrasport

yeah awe tuning gives you an inline air filter, they say its to iliminate any buzzing that may occur
That's weird, I just put in my AWE gauge 2 weeks ago & there was no filter.

That little brass thing in the T fitting is suppose to stop the buzzing.

Quick Reply: awe boost gauge problem need help