Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad day at the mall

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear
Default bad day at the mall

So I went to the freakin' asian garden mall yesterday and parked my car in the back where the spot i parked was sloping downward. my fiancee and i were there for a good two hours. we get in the car to leave, I put the car in reverse, and right when i take my foot off the brake pedal, my car rolls forward and over the curb. now i'm thinking "great! wtf happened?!" I know it's stuck so i have to reverse it out to pull the car out hoping all i did was scrape the bottom. well i reverse and the bottom part of my bumper gets pulled off!! it's not completely off but off enough where i had to use a lot of force to push it back in. well it's bad. i was so freakin pissed man! now i don't know what to do. i don't know if insurance will over it. i emailed ryan from carrozzeria to see if there's anything they can do for me. hopefully he'll email me back today with some good news. i was so depressed after that happened for the rest of the day.

Old 05-16-2005, 01:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: bad day at the mall

Damn man, sorry to hear that! I know i would have been pissed, including my car for dragging me into the mall! I don't think insurance will cover, if so you might have to pay deductible. I would just wait for a reply back from carrozzeria.

Let us know how it goes!

Old 05-16-2005, 01:35 PM
6th Gear

Doh, that is bad news! Sorry to hear that.

Old 05-16-2005, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

yeah I'm hoping insurance will cover but if not, the good thing is I can finally get an aftermarket bumper installed on there which brings the question, which one should I go for? at least thats one good thing that might come out of this...

Old 05-16-2005, 02:03 PM
4th Gear

I did the same a few weeks ago. I broke the eyelets near the front tires on the lower bumper part. I drilled holes in the plastic parts and tied them in place.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:11 PM
1st Gear

I did the same thing. My whole front bumper came out and I had to put two extra screws to fix it.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear

I was able to push it back in and there was some damage in the middle portion of the lower bumper. and it's not as flush as it's supposed to be.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:55 PM
4th Gear

I now back into the parking space. More height clearance that way.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:06 PM
2nd Gear

beacking in is definitely going to be my only option from now on. Got an email back from Carrozzeria and they said they can help me! awesome!! now I just hope insurance will cover the expenses.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:58 PM
3rd Gear

are you talking about the black moulding under teh bumper....cuz i managed to f-that up a bit...

--E

Quick Reply: bad day at the mall