Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beeping noise wierd

Old 10-12-2005, 12:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Beeping noise wierd

When my car is on and in park sometimes i can hear a beeping from the rear driver side wheel. I get out of my car and its coming from there anyone know what it is. It doesnt sound like somthing is turning and rubbing its like and electrical beeping.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:08 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Beeping noise wierd

can you make an audio clip?

Old 10-12-2005, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

are you low on gas?

Old 10-12-2005, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

no i got a half a tank, i can try to make and audio of it. It doesnt always make the noise only sometimes. And its just a clean beep. Like when i say beep it sounds just like it. Its sounds like somone is standing next to me say beep beep beep beep.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

sorry old post, but mine has done this a few times recently. It only does it the first time i start it in the morning, I think it has something to do with the alarm, like if i open the doors and do not start the car, maybe its the cars way of letting me know that someone opened a door, my other idea is that the alarm was triped and its again letting me know. Any one else heard of this.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:19 AM
2nd Gear

I just got a new S4 and have the same issue. For me, it goes off all the time, at random intervals. It's hard to hear while driving, but definitely there. The alarm theory makes some sense to me, because the keys can be out and everything shut off and the sound still occurs. If anyone figures this out please let me know cuz it's driving me nuts.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:56 AM
2nd Gear

the alarm goes off (has nothing to do with keys) if there's a "security risk"

i.e - driving with door open, leaving headlights on after ignition is off etc

it could be a sensor issue where it detects the rear door is not fully closed and beeps? thats probably why

Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear

Okay I've narrowed it down (for my case). It's coming from the NAV system / stereo. I know this because you can tell when the unit is still receiving power (even if turned off) based on the color of the screen; it's blacker when there is still power going to it. The beeping occurs when there is power going to the NAV system, and it stops when there is no power. Now I just need to figure out WHY. I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow - will keep you guys posted (that's a little joke - "posted" - get it? - yeah I know, I'm a dweeb).

Old 07-10-2006, 09:56 PM
2nd Gear

Well in case anyone else runs into this issue, here's what happened with mine...

The mystery beep was coming from the speakers. The sound is the same as when you change songs on the CD player. So, I assume it's the disk changer that's sending the signal that makes the noise. I confirmed this by removing all of the disks from the changer and the beeping stopped. Tomorrow I go in for a new disk changer and possibly the whole audio unit. We'll see what happens.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:17 PM
2nd Gear

In case anyone is still paying attention to this or has the beeping, changing out the audio unit and disk changer fixed the issue for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beeping noise wierd