Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Best Airbox Mod? writeup with pics..

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: The Best Airbox Mod? writeup with pics..

Id really like to hear what this setup sounds like!!!!!

SOUND CLIP?!!?!?!??

Old 04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear

ok damn.. i was gonna wait till my window mount for my camera came in to get a good sound/video clip.. but hey i promise i'll get one tonight.. when i get off work.. i bartend.. so it will be kinda late.. will have a video up late tonight or 1st thing in the morning..

Old 04-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: A4 the Quattro

ok damn.. i was gonna wait till my window mount for my camera came in to get a good sound/video clip.. but hey i promise i'll get one tonight.. when i get off work.. i bartend.. so it will be kinda late.. will have a video up late tonight or 1st thing in the morning..

It better be tonight.. I will be sitting here with pop corn drooling on the keyboard in the meantime.. Dont give us any of that "1st thing in the morning" binaz. Make it happen man! Get a video of a drive by if you can!

Old 04-25-2006, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

* on a side note .. i think i may go back and try and zip tie the screen down in between the holes to help the screen stay tight agains the fender liner.. i havent had any problems yet .. but im sure that the suction pulls the screen off the liner a bit under heavy throttle..

.... all part of the process baby.. test.. fix..test..fix...test...fix.....test.. your car blows up.. <--- hopefully that part doesnt happen

ill keep you guys posted... Beer Mod also added screen to his.. i hope he keeps us posted as well

Old 04-25-2006, 07:13 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: A4 the Quattro

It better be tonight.. I will be sitting here with pop corn drooling on the keyboard in the meantime.. Dont give us any of that "1st thing in the morning" binaz. Make it happen man! Get a video of a drive by if you can!

no doubt .. ill put my tripod and camera to use tonight.. i have a nice parking deck at the local college that will be deserted by the time i get off work.. the parking deck makes for great sound!!!

it will be up late tonight... i guess it wont be late for you cali guys .. beeing as you are 3 hours behind me..

Old 04-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ahh if u just suck the screen u only the turbo will go lol then you can get a new one.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:20 PM
5th Gear

You should shoe-goo the screen down, that **** is the bomb.... oh and i cant wait to hear this, im gunna do the same as soon as I get back home

Old 04-25-2006, 07:20 PM
2nd Gear

lol... well i hope to god the screen cant be sucked through the K&N .. that would be one hell of a feat.. and yes.. my car would then deserve a new turbo.. lol

Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Zombie Defense Force

o ya forgot about that, my first t3t4 sucked my MAF apart and blew the turbo

Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 PM
3rd Gear

For the Record I had this done and tested before this thred was ever started. I feel good about what I have done to my airbox and that is why I chose to share it with you all. This is the best way I could think to get more cold air to the turbo.

Now for all of you that are still thinking I have not tested it in the rain PLEASE hear me now I tested it before I posted my air box mod. The main difference in mine and A4thequattro's is a BIG one I only used 5/8' inch holes this may or may not make a difference in the rain.

Good luck to all of you I had know idea you all would like what I have done so much......have fun and be safe

Quick Reply: The Best Airbox Mod? writeup with pics..