Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big problem? I got smoke coming out around the engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:51 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Big problem? I got smoke coming out around the engine

ORIGINAL: nickt1216
I believe thats like a way for them to limit their liabilities... SO what do u guys think i shoudl do?
You are lucky that the engine was still under warranty. You shouldn't even mess with the car. Get those guys to fix it. You may have to yell and scream, but don't let them BS you out of fixing it. Don't let up until your car is running great, even if you have to take it back a few times after the first "fix".

Old 11-04-2006, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

They test drove my car and think its perfectly fine, when i know for a fact its not. I don't know what else to do to make them fix my car. I'm also afraid that they might go and wreck it even more just to **** me off. I was there the entire day bugging them on thursday. My warranty on the engine expires in 2 days. The dealer says that there are no warrenty for the instalation and the car was sold as is. I also don't want to be driving the car dealer to dealer risking more harm to my car.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:48 PM
2nd Gear

Its time to be a D*CK......bring a bat.

Either they fix it, or they buy the car back from you.

The fact is there is a serious problem with the car. Engines don't smoke like that. Don't get pushed around man. They will wiggle out of it if they can. You gotta lay down the law over there.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:25 PM
2nd Gear

Just tell them....."Listen, I'm not in a situation to be able to eat the cost of your mistakes.
If you don't fix the car, (which is your responsibility Mr. dealer) you'll leave me no choice but to file suit against you for the parts + labor + damages.
In addition to that, I'll be filing a claim with the BBB in NJ for all 3 companies involved."

Lean on 'em.

Hard.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:48 AM
1st Gear

I'll be losing about 1g if they take my car back. Its only been about 20 days since i bought it, but since then i've gotten it detailed a tune up, alignment, and an oil change.

But thanks for all the advice guys, I'll give it a shoot on monday. I will keep you guys posted.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:09 AM
4th Gear

Make sure that you have paperwork saying that you have complained about problems . If you have have a problem that is evident before the warranty is up, the warranty will cover it.

Take the car to an independent mechanic and have him give you an idea what is wrong with the engine and then take it back.

What is the full history of the car? You bought it from a dealer.....

Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

History of the car
I bought it from supercars unlimited inc. on oct. 14. It was sold to me for $5,900 before taxes, a wholesale price (or so they claimed.) Being that it was sold to me so cheap, there was no warrenty from the dealer (Yes i know, too good to me true usually isn't). As for the engine, i got a warrenty (expires on tuesday) from the junkyard (AAA Management) that sold it. As for the engine installation, it was done by CG auto.

Being that the junkyard did not install the engine they are claming no responsibility in my problems. ON top of that, they have already test drove my car and thinks everything is fine. I was at all 3 locations on thursday and the people there are all super shady. This one guy name MAX who heard my car startup (an employee of AAA Management) at first was telling me all these problems about my car and how he has the same exact car so he would know. But then his boss spoke to him and all of a sudden he goes on saying how there isn't any problems with it. They spoke to each other in russian so i couldn't understand anything. I spent my entire day there bothering them and they all say my car is FINE!.

---------------------------------------------------------------
As for the day i pick up my car, the car was driving like a dream. There weren't any problems with it other then the air bag, abs, brake light being on, and rear right wheel bearing (i didn't know about this until a week later). All the major problems didn't start until really last tuesday, when i was driving my car to the dealership to get my cd changer code pulled. Being that this is my first manual car, i am not 100% used to driving it as of yet. AS i was driving to the dealership, there was a stop light in front of me and i was slowing down, but i did not shift my car into neutral or downshift and my car started to shake. SO i stepped on my clutch, but i think i only did it half way or so and i pulled my shifter into neutral. People told me i grinded my gears or whatever, but ever since that day my car has not been the same. I also don't know how any of this would connect to my other car problems.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:26 PM
4th Gear

Take it to an independent mechanic, preferrably one that specializes in VW or Audi and tell him your woes, and have him make some diagnoses (before the warranty expires). Then take it back to the shops again with a witness or two (preferrably adults, sorry I don't know your age).

Have them provide something in writing regarding the issue.

Then you will likely have to take them to small claims court.

Keep contemporaneous records of your visits. Camera phone pics of them cant hurt.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

But what kind of stance would i have when i sign documents allowing them to not warranty the car? The documents specifically said, no refunds, warranties, sold as is. Plus the lawsuit would take several months to a few years. I know it may sound stupid, but I just want to really fix the car.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Site Moderator

If you're ever in the Trenton area, I can scan it for you and take a look. Your coolant level is low. Has it always been that way?

edit- Autozone does free diagostics scans.

Quick Reply: Big problem? I got smoke coming out around the engine