Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Blow off valve

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Now you have heard first hand, not second. That was his point.
Excactly! Thanks Thats what I was trying to say. LOL (I am just getting over being sick so I am still not thinking straight!)

Josh

Old 05-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: audi4life213

My friend has a 2002 VW Passat 1.8T auto/tiptronic, and upgraded the turbo and he put in a blow off valve in it. It sounds and runs AWSOME!!! So its totally cool toput oneunder the hood.
Don't make me hurt you.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

lol

Old 05-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Site Moderator

Old 05-11-2007, 04:41 PM

*tried to resist temptation to look at stupid topic*

Old 05-11-2007, 04:44 PM

good fun though

Old 05-11-2007, 05:10 PM
4th Gear

Group buy on this now...

Old 05-11-2007, 06:02 PM

This is off of urban dictionary.com which in no way is a scolarly source but it said it pretty well.

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

example of rice

Old 05-11-2007, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Group buy on this now...
The fact that someone actually makes an electronic bov makes me want to kill myself.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:10 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: nickellis14my point is this. I got heated because some noob with no clue started talking $hit. I'm not gonna stand there and look like an *** cuz some kid who has no clue what he's talking about disagrees with me. I'm sure you'd react in a similar fashion if someone were saying you were dumb when they don't know their *** from their elbow. thats all.
i cant keep up with all the stupid things you say, so i will try to remember all the things that pissed me off as i was reading through your crap posts.

1)ive been here longer than you, n00b
2)i dont think i ever claimed i knew more than anyone, or anything at all for that matter. i said if i was wrong, clarify for me, you decided to act like a jackass and let your true colors shine through.
3)you made a blanket statement, which is dangerous because you run the risk of having to backtrack. you make this ricer statement, and then you mention a neon and a cobalt, so your delusional attitude is presented quite clearly.
4)stop throwing out that you know more about the way a turbo system works than i do, i dont deny that.
5)youre still stupid and arrogant

Quick Reply: Blow off valve