Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blowoff.... yea i know...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 09:17 PM
1st Gear
Default blowoff.... yea i know...

cant you get blowoff valves that vent back into the intake? when i hear about blowoff valves people always ask if they have it venting or recirculating? i searched, didnt find this question... if it has been answered please direct me to the post.. thanks

Old 08-09-2004, 01:27 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: blowoff.... yea i know...

Yeah, it's been answered, but it's easier for me just to answer rather than search out the other posts. The Audi system is closed, thus it recirculates that pressure back into the intake. If you do not do this, it will cause an MAF error. Always use a diverter valve for our turbos.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:50 AM
1st Gear

but cant a blowoff valve recirculate too?

Old 08-09-2004, 01:56 AM
1st Gear

i need a blow off. i have 2004 a4 1.8T. can u guys post sites that sell them and do i need to buy anything else with the blow off like an intake?

thanks a lot

Old 08-09-2004, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

well your car doesnt use a blowoff valve, it uses a bypass valve which instead of purging the excess boost, it recirculates into the intake.

a blowoff valve set to vent to the atmosphere will set off a check engine light.

if you want a more sturdy bypass valve(diverter valve) im in the same boat.

BTW Welcome to the forum member!!!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE!link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.

hehe, im takin your job imolas4

Old 08-09-2004, 03:39 AM
Site Moderator

There are hybrid valves that recirc some boost and purge some boost... Even these have been proven to affect our cars' negatively. I know one person that tried it and went back to a BPV after losing one 02 sensor in about 2 months. Blow off valves are for sound only, our Bypass Valves are necessary for the health of the car.

If you want to run a BOV, thats fine, but just be warned that you will be running rich. Too much fuel, not enough air in the mix. Both your 02 sensors ($150 a pop + install) will die on you. Means exhaust full of carbon and your catalytic converter (major $$$$$) will die or plug on you. Your timing might retard because of bad mix in the ignition chamber - bad ignition because off too much fuel in chamber. Your plugs will foul also.

In other words your car will turn to ****.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

well what i am looking for i that Pssshhhhhhhh sound. any way i can get it? and i still cant find any website that sell anything like that. somebody help!

Old 08-09-2004, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

Well, you really aren't going to get that sound out of a K-03. It's just not that big of a turbo. The K-04's make a bit more noise, but still not sure if it'll give you what you want.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Site Moderator

Your only option is to go with an intake kit. It will not give you a Pssshht sound, but it will increase the whoosh sound of the engine

Old 08-09-2004, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

wow, heard a supercharged cobra, and boy is that blower loooooooud.

Quick Reply: blowoff.... yea i know...