Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla exhaust and chip

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 01:26 AM
Default borla exhaust and chip

hey im kinda new to audi's since ive been into dsm's for a while but decided to get into audi's and i saw that some good mods for a 1997 a4 1.8t are an apr chip and a exhaust. but i cant find nice exaust systems for my car there are some nice borla one but they say only 99-01 you think they will fit 97? and is a greddy euro g2 exhaust system good which do you prefer. also since i am a teenager i have to have a bov but since the maf you cant but i found an alternative made by go fast bits called the decepter pro it is electronicly controled for what ratio you want dumped in the atmoshpere so you get the pshhh and how mutch you want sent back to the intake so it could be 100% atmoshpere 0% intake = bad but with 50% atmosphere and 50% intake i heard it runs perfect and you get the singnature pshh sound just wondering if that was doable to my car. all im am looking to do as far as right now is put the chip in it i heard up to 40hp and 70torque somting like that an exuast the hybrid bov and an inake how mutch power you think i will be running around 230hp and ??? torque i heard audis make nice amounts of torque. thanks

dustin

Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: borla exhaust and chip

fake bov? lol, dude your just asking for it

Old 10-02-2006, 04:01 AM
2nd Gear

naw they actually have them... its not fake... hence the name hybrid... you can actually tune it to what you want it to be 40/60 60/40 10/90.... Peeps have ran them with no probs.. I would never do it on my car...

Old 10-02-2006, 02:37 PM
1st Gear

i would still suggest a DV, because everyone you talk to says they have had problems with any kind of BOV, I would also look into neuspeed exhaust. I have a buddy that has went with there exhaust, and he drives a 98, so i dont think i could be that different. Just some suggestions. But also with the Torque increase on a stock clutch, expect to replace your clutch as well when your chipping your car, with a 70 LBS increase.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Site Moderator

Stock clutch should be alright with just a chip for a long while.... Depending on your clutch's current condition that is..

Old 10-02-2006, 02:43 PM
3rd Gear

if you want something loud, imo get TurboXS DV (I bought it yesterday). It sounds a lot better than a bov. Bov sound like someone fart it after Wendy's chilli meal.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: aRIf
Bov sound like someone fart it after Wendy's chilli meal.
AHHAHAAHHA.... You know all Wendy's Chillie consists of is the scraps that fell on the floor and grissle from the grill from the previous day right???

Old 10-02-2006, 03:00 PM
3rd Gear

Yes! That's why it is so tasty [:-]

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

AHHAHAAHHA.... You know all Wendy's Chillie consists of is the scraps that fell on the floor and grissle from the grill from the previous day right???

so basically no need to buy BOV. Just eat a chilli meal ones a day and let the air go to the atmosphere from inside your body

There is another solution... stick a bov in your a$$. Not sure tho, if you can build enough pressure to open the valve
(for humans, DV is not recommended, air must not be recirculated. It should go to athosphere, so please use bov)

Old 10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear

Yes! That's why it is so tasty [:-]

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

so basically no need to buy BOV. Just eat a chilli meal ones a day and let the air go to the atmosphere from inside your body

There is another solution... stick a bov in your a$$. Not sure tho, if you can build enough pressure to open the valve
(for humans, DV is not recommended, air must not be recirculated. It should go to athosphere, so please use bov)
ahhahahahaha the funniest **** ive ever seen on here

Old 10-02-2006, 06:28 PM

ahahaahahhah ahahahha that was funny yeah ill end up saving the 270 bucks the hybrids cost and get the forge 007 and an intake because i heard that intakes help for quicker throttle responce and you can still hear the dv valve in action. lol ya i was lookin at greddy g2 and neuspeeds i just looked at another post sayin his neuspeed was quite thats y if i do get neuspeed i would get the cat delete and then the exuast that would be loud