AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   brake dust! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/brake-dust-2266/)

hb972.8q 11-01-2004 06:55 PM

RE: brake dust!

ORIGINAL: silver 1.8

mine are much much dustier in the front. Has anyone used EBC greenstuff pads? My friend has a is300 and was dying to get a set. they say 90% less dust or something.

i have had green stuff on my a4 for 30,000 or so....and yes they produce very little dust. even now it takes about 3 weeks to see some dust. well worh it

my roommate has an is300 and has upgraded his rotors(crossdrilled and sloted) and pads from Irotors.com. seems to like them

joeypants 11-02-2004 05:22 PM

I've noticed much less dust with my new Red Box pads. I don't have to wipe them down every third day.

netridah 05-31-2005 11:16 PM

Hi everyone. new to the forum.

I have a 2003 A4, and I also have been dumbfounded by the fact that since picking this car up new 2 years ago, the rear wheels get dirtier from brake dust than the fronts. I have never seen another car with more brake dust on the front than the rear (and A4 R6 wku is correct about the reason for that).

Those of you that said your fronts are dirtier than the rears, what year A4 is it? Is it possible that the 2003/2004 model year is the only one that produces more rear brake dust?

Dave666 05-31-2005 11:48 PM

Hey
I've got an 03 A4 and I also get more brake dust on the rears.
At least 30% more .

headshok2002 06-01-2005 12:28 AM

Haha, I'll have to check my dads b6... he washes it too bloody often for me to notice :P

I think I'm going to be in the market for new pads, at the same time I get new wheels... I have a disgusting amount of dust right now.

So, Green Stuff or Red Box? Anybody tried both? I dont really need any more performance, I rarely brake hard, all my aggressive driving is on the highway, and I usually just coast back down the the speed limit -- so brake dust and noise will be the deciding factors when I buy new pads.

sandman 06-02-2005 02:25 AM

how do u get more dust on the rear than the front? i say just clean ur car a lot. thatl get rid of break dust. or just downshift and avoid using ur breaks much.

apoch 06-02-2005 02:18 PM

I have an 05 A4 ...and have more dust on the rears vs fronts. I haven't cleaned the thing by hand yet (touchless wash)... Anyway. The fronts have been coming cleaner and staying cleaner. I'll ask my dealer at next service. I've put 20k on the car since end of Feb.

cheers

CRAZYHAWK 06-02-2005 02:33 PM

You might want to try Dupont Teflon Wheel Cleaner.

sandman 06-03-2005 02:12 AM

hmmmmm, interesting, yea i have no idea why u would be getting more dust on ur rears than fronts.

AUDI05 06-03-2005 10:51 AM

Or you all could be anal like me, and have rags upon rags. And wipe off your wheels, right before you leave the house, every time. works like a charm I've never noticed wich wheels get the most brake dust. B/c there so clean and shiny! Honestly, no matter how dirty the car its self is, if your wheels are clean it makes up for it....

-LOL--->my two sence!

-Chris