Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Driver's Door Lock

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Default Broken Driver's Door Lock

Alright so I just bought my 2001 1.8TQM last week and was trying to program the second key that came with it (the guy I bought it from said it didn't work and he bought a new one saying it just needed to be programmed). Anyways, after searching around on here I followed the methods of programming the key, with little success. This morning I finally sucked it up and went into the dealership to try and have them do it and they discover that the door lock is broken, or at least enough to where the key won't work in it. I've only used keyless up until this point so I hadn't even noticed it. Right, so at this point, how much money am I looking at for replacing the door lock? Obviously it'd be nice to not spend a million dollars going through the dealership so can this be done elsewhere? I'm new to Audi's so this is all a learning process for me. I'm assuming that once the lock is working again I should be able to program the key? I searched around here a bit on the door lock and it seems that most of the other threads were on other issues related to the lock.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Tony