Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all aftermarket suspension ppl...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 01:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Calling all aftermarket suspension ppl...

Hey everyone,
Don't worry, I'm not starting a thread about what suspension I should get, or what springs I should get with my coilovers (LAWL). I'm about to get a new suspension for my car but there is only one thing holding me back...my father. I still live in his house (hey free food and no rent right?) and I respect him a ton. He told me that he didn't want me putting any aftermarket suspension on my car because it's going to "ruin the ride". So basically all I'm asking for in this thread is for some intelligent people to tell me what they think of their ride after they put on a new suspension and if you think it's better or worse ride than before.

Thanks everyone

Old 09-13-2006, 02:04 AM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: Calling all aftermarket suspension ppl...

Well it depends on what you like, really. Your father has one view towards suspension and you have another.

I love aftermarket suspension. Its great, the choices are many and you can almost always find something to your likeing.

Wether you like stiff or lil bit softer, theres a ton of stuff out there.

And it doesnt "ruin" the ride. It improves the ride.

Stock A4's with normal suspension are like boats, turn the wheel..wait for it to lean then it turns.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:13 AM
2nd Gear

lol its so true ^^^ aftermaket suspension will only improve your ride. It just depends on what you want stiffer rebound or not as harsh so a little more forgiving ride... H&R and blisten make a good combo... eibach has a good name... It also depends on where you live to on what suspension to get. does it snow there? if yea then you might want to consider adjustables... coilovers are by far the best way to go but, you will have to be willing to drop a couple dimes and a nickle because a good set will run you around a G... do a search to find out more about what type of spring/ shocks to get.. it has been covered many times.. good luck hope this helps convincing pops

Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 AM
1st Gear

I got a set of Bilstien Shocks off a totaled s4 for 100 bucks,
i think the s4 is a few hundred pounds heavier so it tighter in the turns
but as soon as i go over a speed bump it prety much feels the same as my
stock suspension, but in the corners it really handles well

Old 09-13-2006, 03:38 AM
1st Gear

awesome guys I really appreciate all of this. Anyone else that has anything to add to these that'd be great. Keep 'em comin!!

Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 AM
18T
4th Gear

If you want options from your suspension then get coilovers.

If you just want fast upgrade get like H&R/Billstein combo, which is probably the best street sport combo out there.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 AM
1st Gear

I know quite a bit about upgrading suspension in general...i just haven't decided what I want to get yet. I live in Iowa so it does snow, but usually by the time i get on the roads they are pretty well plowed. If I didn't get coilovers I would probably end up getting the ones that are height adjustable only because of the price jump to get the dampering and height adjustable ones. Only problem with the H&R/Bilstein combo is that I read it only lowers 1.75".

Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 AM
5th Gear

dude depending on what tires and wheels you run 1.75 will look pretty good
ORIGINAL: Audifanatic11

I know quite a bit about upgrading suspension in general...i just haven't decided what I want to get yet. I live in Iowa so it does snow, but usually by the time i get on the roads they are pretty well plowed. If I didn't get coilovers I would probably end up getting the ones that are height adjustable only because of the price jump to get the dampering and height adjustable ones. Only problem with the H&R/Bilstein combo is that I read it only lowers 1.75".

Old 09-13-2006, 04:30 AM
1st Gear

I'm running 19"s with 35 profile

Old 09-13-2006, 04:43 AM
18T
4th Gear

1.75 is more than enough..

Quick Reply: Calling all aftermarket suspension ppl...