Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is totalled...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:54 PM
4th Gear
Default Car is totalled...

Totalled my car tonight on a back road, hit a bank/tree at 60mph, no idea how i crawled out by myself. Anyway, cars totalled.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:59 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Car is totalled...

Holy shiat bro! That sucks.

Glad you are alright. Insurance can help with the rest.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:04 PM
2nd Gear

fvck man that sucks so bad. hopefully at least you're ok and your parts will be salvageable.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:05 PM
3rd Gear

Damn, that sucks man. I feel your pain. I had a 97 Civic until an enclosed construction trailer pulled out in front of me while I was going like 55 mph. You going to buy the car back.

P.S. Airbags suck ***

Old 01-13-2006, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

my god what happened did the tires slip ... glad ur all good ...

Old 01-13-2006, 11:10 PM

**** man. Sorry to hear about your loss. These things suck major a$$. At Least your alright... like said before...insurance should cover the rest of it.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear

No good.....At least you are still here to tell about it.
I'll have to put the sticker thats on my motorcycle on the dash of the Audi, "USE UPRIGHT"

Old 01-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Administrator

im sorry to here this man
this isnt your year

Old 01-14-2006, 01:06 AM
2nd Gear

At least you're ok man... Cars can always be replaced, or repaired, try not to stress it too much. But picture yourself in my situation:

I just bought my first ACTUAL RUNNING car (Funny stories, ha) from my brother at 13 Months ago to this day. 1994 Honda Civic EX, Red Exterior, with Black Interior, 5-Speed, a pretty fun car for being stock. One night my buddy and I were chilling at his house (He's a nicely modified Honda Accord) and he said let's go for a cruise. So we went for a cruise, and he cut through Mayfair (A huge Commercial/Residential New Urbanism project. At the time, it was NOTHING but a bunch of twisted roads surrounded by retention ponds that weren't filled yet.) and we started taking some turns... After about 5 minutes or so, I was hooked. From then on, every night at Midnight I would go through Mayfair and sharpen my skills up, I had them pretty down pat as well, it was starting to get really fun. The next day I bought some nice wheels off my boss, with what were supposed to be stickier tires (I was too ignorant at the time to know any better, I was just getting into the game). I put them on, and went for my normal routine the same night. First turn I took, I felt the *** end of the car go flying out from behind me, I counter steered and corrected the over steer (How I over steered in a FWD, I'll never know) but I counter steered too extreme and the car "popped" back even worst, and next thing I knew, I had hit the curb, become air born, hit a tree, and rolled into the retention pond... In a split second, this all happened.

You can see where I slid into it sideways...

Environmentalists love this picture...

20 Feet to the flat bottom... It's not too much fun to be staring down that... In a car.

Directly after this happened, I had no clue what to do... I was sitting... In my car... In the bottom of a Damn pond... The night before exams... What the HELL was I doing? I got out, looked at the damage, walked around for a while, looked at the damage again... Actually I did this for about 20 minutes before I started thinking of a way to get out. I found an incline that was shallow enough for me to get out of, I got a running start and Dukes of Hazzard'ed it out. When I got on the road, the car was driving like Hell, the front tire was torn off the wheel, and I could hardly drive. I drove as far as I could away from the wreck (I knew a Cop would be by soon) as I could... And that's when I had to make the call. "Hey Dad... Yeah, yeah I know it's exam night... Uhhhhhh, not really, I can't really drive far. I wrecked the Civic... Yes sir, yes sir, you're right... Yeah... I mean yes sir... I'm in Mayfair. See you in a bit." and right after I hung up the phone, a Cop rolled by and said to me "Looks like you're in a bit of a pickle son... Flat tire?" I looked up and I relized he couldn't even see the damage on the other of the car, I blurted out "Yeah tire flat thing... Yeah. I'm good." 5 minutes later, my dad came out there, completely blew my spot up, the Cop relized what had happened after my dad yelled the occurance at me, with the Cop standing right there. After about 30 minutes of yelling, the Cop just drove off. Well, I changed my tire, limped her home, and she was in the body shop the next day. A week later, the car was out of the body shop, and I had to dish out $1,236 of my hard summers earnings. Not to mention I supplied to door/side skirt/trim from our project Civic to save money. So I got bent over backwards, but it needed to be done. At this point, I was broke as Hell counting pennies for food money, being hated by my parents for lying to them, feeling like a Shitbag, and I finally relized... These things happen, it's not a big deal, money will come, and money will go, and things always work out. Which they have, I came out of that MUCH wiser, and it ultimately made me a better person. So at least try to get that out of this experience, at least grow from it.

Once again, I'm sorry about your car my man... Hope everything works out for you, and if you're parting that baby out, let me know.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Site Moderator

Damn that sucks. Glad to hear you're alright. Did you get checked at the hospital?

Quick Reply: Car is totalled...