Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL after highwater.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
1st Gear
Default CEL after highwater.

I was stuck driving in a storm on an unfamiliar road last night. Before I knew what was happening I was in highwater, it seemed like a mini-flash flood that came from the front, this was about as high as 3/4 ths of tire depth. ABS kicked in cut down my speed to 10-15mph, and definitely helped me orient myself to the situation. I was out of this in 3-4 seconds, moments later I have a check battery light & CEL lights going off. Check battery sorted itself out, but the CEL is still on. Should I pay particular attention to this apart from trying to clear the CEL? Also one of the fogs got completely submerged and its giving a message too. I feel I'm getting hypersensitive about the car with such lights/warnings, considering I wouldn't be even aware something was wrong in my older car(95Civic,100+K).

Old 06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: CEL after highwater.

Your belts prbably got wet and were slipping including the alternator belt. Wait for the CEL to go away if you want. It should. Or go get your ecu scanned to see what codes are there. Clear them and see if they/CEL comes back and go from there. Hopefuly nothing got really screwed up and it was just the belt on the alternator slipping and causing your ecu to think your battery/alt is fucked up and thats all. If it still runs ok and keeps the charge it should be fine.