Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 06:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Changing Fuel Filter

I have done research and I was unable to find this anywhere... I am looking to change the fuel filter on my 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. The only thing I was able to find was on a 1999 and I know there are differences. If anybody has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
DVL

Old 11-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Changing Fuel Filter

Probably located in the same gerneral area as the 99 by the gas tank if you are quattro and the procedure is most likely similar as well. Just get under there and have a looksee.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:51 PM
1st Gear

For a 04 dont you think its a little to soon to change it??? After how many miles should it be changed?

Old 11-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: twiggy114

For a 04 dont you think its a little to soon to change it???
I agree.. Is there a problem that you think you need to change the filter or what?? Audi says its a lifetime filter, but thats bs, id change it at 70k miles anyway.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

lol i have on my car 68k and filter making noise

Old 11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: doberman

lol i have on my car 68k and filter making noise
filters dont make noise... Check your fuel pump. There is a recall for it on B6's.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

This might be for you.. look at theRecall

Old 11-03-2006, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

Any "tricks" or things to avoid when changing? The noise can be coming from the filter because there is a pressure regulator on the inside. The tech also said it could be that noise. When I touch the filter, it's vibrating, and all the parts connecting to it vibrate like crazy.

Old 11-03-2006, 10:02 PM
1st Gear

Yeah no smoking when doing this... dont blow your self up LOL.... =P

Any "tricks" or things to avoid when changing?

Old 11-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Site Moderator

The noise can be coming from the filter because there is a pressure regulator on the inside. The tech also said it could be that noise. When I touch the filter, it's vibrating, and all the parts connecting to it vibrate like crazy.
Where are you getting your information?? There is no regulator inside the fuel filter. The fuel pump acts as a pressure regulator as it pumps, and right before the fuel enters the fuel rail/engine- there is a fuel pressure regulator there, but not in the filter. Dont believe everything a "tech" tells you as they will do and or say ANYTHING that makes them sound smart or to make you confused so that you place all trust in their hands, like when they hand you a bill for **** you dont even need. What are you talking about the filter vibrates? Its connects to two rubber hoses and its held in by a very secure bracket. Explain more in detail about "all the parts connecting to it" vibrating "like crazy".... If there is eratic pressure in the fuel filter and lines, its because your fuel pump isnt pumping efficiently and you would notice this in your engines performace.

Quick Reply: Changing Fuel Filter