Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheaper way to connect IPOD than the $200 icelink

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Cheaper way to connect IPOD than the $200 icelink

I'm seeing that the icelink is something that people are happy with, but a lot of people are complaining about the price
i have done some research the past 2 weeks and i found this site that also carries CD sound to your symphony II stereo (through cables, no FM radio nor casette adapter) and it seems to be much cheaper...check the link

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=816

does anyone know if the B6 A4's have the aux inputs in the back? I haven't taken out the stereo, but if it does have the inputs, it can save me 200 bucks for the icelink..
For example, at home i connect my ipod to my surroubd sound system through a Y cable (one end in the ipod headphone hole and the other has the red and white cable that go in the back of the stereo)...it sounds awesome
if we have these red/white audio inputs in the back of the symphony II, then why would i bother with the icelink?

if anyone has taken out a symphony II and knows if there are/are not the red/white inputs, please let me know

Old 04-03-2006, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Cheaper way to connect IPOD than the $200 icelink

Negative, there are no auxiliary inputs on the back of the B6's stereo head unit... You have to get a specalized cable, which uses your CD Changer port on the back of your head unit...

The icelink requires you to unplug you CD changer, plug in the IceLink interface, and then plug in your CD changer into the back of the IceLink adapter.... If that makes any sense to you. When you have your IceLink installed, you will be able to hit the "CD" button for your CD changer, which still works perfectly. If you hit the "CD" button again, you get the iPod playing. Hit it again, and it goes back to your CD changer...

Old 04-03-2006, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Cheaper way to connect IPOD than the $200 icelink

Also, the link for that Blitzsafe thing, looks very similiar to the IceLink, but I don't think you get the cradle like the IceLink one... Looks like it's just a single cable with the iPod hook-up, so you would probably want to run it into your glovebox, and just have a playlist. Otherwise, it's going to look ugly as sin just "hanging out" with a long coord attached to it somewhere on the inside of your car. I'm a nut about hiding wires, so getting the IceLink was perfect for me.